SAM, confused

wain71

I have just realised that SAM is installed via Orbx Central, not sure if it's v1, 2 or 3....I must be still having a bit of brain fog from COVID the other week, what does this do in XP? do I need to buy some addons? I see world jetways, follow me car & airport vehicles in some online stores, do I need them? 

in sim there's a content manager but do use / install some I need activation code....

any help please, not sure where else to go, I have googled and looked at so much my head wants to explode...

I don't even know what SAM is Wayne, so don't feel bad. Heck, as much as I know SAM is a Surface to Air Missile, but surely that is not what is being represented here....lol. Anyhow, I am at a loss more than you are. :rolleyes:

Landon

• Haha 3

Hi Wayne

The nomenclature stands for Scenery Animation Manager. 

It is a plug in that includes various animation features used by scenery developers in XPlane

For example, it allows things like Jetways to be animated, hanger doors to open, etc. 

It comes with pre animated objects that a scenery designer can include with their scenery package

or  if they wish they can completely customize their package objects with SAM.

It allows Orbx designers to use the package to make their sceneries come alive for us and be animated.

By including it with Orbx , all the scenery designer needs to do is to refer to one of the library files in the package

to create their magic for us.

As far as I know, what is included  in the SAM Orbx version only works with Orbx products. As you mentioned there are other packages in the market

that also use SAM , but I believe that they would require the more general  and complete SAM package. 

In other words , what is included by Orbx is customized for their products.

And that's the extent of what I know about it.:)

Cheers

Pete

Edited by renault
  • Like 4

yeah was the only SAM I knew to Landon.

Cheers Pete, Orbx installs the latest version, I landed the other day and noticed a box on the side of the screen with an 'A' in it, this I found opens the SAM app and now lets me do a lot of things at the beginning and end of a flight, I bought the follow me car and world jetways addons to so hopefully they'll all work nicely together to make a more immersive flight experience...