Tobii Eye Tracker

EasternT3

Hi,

Does anyone use the Tobii Eye Tracker and what are people's thoughts, is it better than TrackIR? Or not worth the upgrade? I currently use TrackIr but don't want to continue wearing a cap and also don't want to revert to the headset clip as I try and stay wireless as possible.

Thanks

Joe

Guys, I have been looking into the Tobii Eye Tracker too. That said, as far as TrackIR goes, have you seen these folks:

https://www.trackhat.org/

They have WIRELESS IR tracker that works with the TrackIR camera and software. I have been using one for about five years now. It has a rechargeable battery, it's wireless, and it works great! If you don't want to drop the money into Tobii yet, check them out as an option. In my case, I mounted the wireless tracker to a elastic head lamp band, so basically I just have a headband on when I sim. I don't even realize I have it on any more I have gotten so used to it. The wireless aspect was a game changer. 

As for the Tobii, my concerns are the high cost and the fact that I use a Samsung 49" super wide curved display, so I am trying to find out if the Tobii works well with that wide of a monitor. In the meantime, my wireless TrackIR setup works great without any issues on my display.