Orbx Himalaya mesh and Guangzhou area

carlosqr

Hi

Orbx mesh causes this issue in the area of Guangzhou. It has been reported in the other forum

Mesh + Guangzhou city

81Ukp4v.jpg

3fTbfbZ.jpg

WB8mqwb.jpg

rmFkdRD.jpg

6oaINTO.jpg

V8cFBg8.jpg

aGnlkdG.jpg

kvFr47o.jpg

Mesh + the default scenry

WydsEPD.jpg

QoTWAxL.jpg

oH76S3M.jpg

NO mesh at all + City addon

2eAUtDH.jpg

qKKQ2EK.jpg

So I hope the mesh can be fixed in the area because with city or whiout it, it creates a roller coaster along the river of hills and in some cases water hills

Currently I have the mesh disabled but I didn't buy it to have it disabled

SamScene has been notified about this issue caused by the mesh

Thanks

Carlos

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, wain71 said:

that looks like in the biginning when we had those spikes in the scenery, hope someone can find the cause...

Agreed....I just bought this scenery, but have not flown around that region yet, so cannot confirm or deny if I have the same issues. Hopefully it will get addressed and resolved.

Landon

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Agreed....I just bought this scenery, but have not flown around that region yet, so cannot confirm or deny if I have the same issues. Hopefully it will get addressed and resolved.

Landon

Landon would you mind letting me know?

Mikee says he has the mesh and the city with no issues

I'd love to have a second user's opinion

The strange thing is that, that happens with or whitout city when I have the mesh ticked

Thanks

Carlos

Okay Carlos, I can CONFIRM, I have these same terrain spikes scattered all around the downtown Guangzhou city, especially along the river but not exclusively. I also have them in the built up areas with lots of buildings close to the center of the city. Additionally, I have terrain spikes scattered around the outer perimeter of the city, mostly near water. 

Now, all this being said...is this area part of the Himalaya Mesh area?

Landon

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Okay Carlos, I can CONFIRM, I have these same terrain spikes scattered all around the downtown Guangzhou city, especially along the river but not exclusively. I also have them in the built up areas with lots of buildings close to the center of the city. Additionally, I have terrain spikes scattered around the outer perimeter of the city, mostly near water. 

Now, all this being said...is this area part of the Himalaya Mesh area?

Landon

Hi Landon

Thanks a lot for checking. Yes, that area is also part of the Himalayas mesh, actually that mesh should be titled Asia mesh or East Asia mesh as it covers a huge area of East Asia. Basically the whole China is covered that tells you how big it is

Here's a map

Xj5dkWm.png

Nick has already issued an internal ticket for this to be checked but the developer is Ukranian so we will have to wait for him to be able to check it

Meanwhile we can fly the area with the mesh unticked to enjoy it

Cheers

Carlos

Edited by carlosqr

7 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Hi Landon

Thanks a lot for checking. Yes, that area is also part of the Himalayas mesh, actually that mesh should be titled Asia mesh or East Asia mesh as it covers a huge area of East Asia. Basically the whole China is covered that tells you how big it is

Here's a map

Xj5dkWm.png

Nick has already issued an internal ticket for this to be checked but the developer is Ukranian so we will have to wait for him to be able to check it

Meanwhile we can fly the area with the mesh unticked to enjoy it

Cheers

Carlos

Got it Carlos. And, I am in no rush especially considering where the developer is located. There are obviously more important things going on, and I have no problem keeping the mesh activated anyhow as it's such a huge area, as you pointed out. I don't need to fly around the Guangzhou region for a long while as there is so much other areas within the mesh boundaries to explore. :) 

Landon

• Like 1