Cape Town landmark ortho...

Anyone know if its possible to remove the included ortho in this DLC. The default ortho looks much sharper than whats included and it looks washed out. 

I noticed this because i took a flight around cape town before i bought and was really impressed by the ortho, so I tought to complete this location I went to buy the addon. Got hugely dissapointed when i noticed the ortho from the Cape Town package was a downgrade from default. 

Hi there,

so I checked Cape Town's default Bing ortho, wondering whether perhaps it had been updated since we released Landmarks Cape Town. It hasn't, it's still the same typical coarse Bing imagery, which is why we licensed and created the custom orthoimagery in the first place.

Here's a random location in the port. While our ortho may not be a huge improvement it's definitely noticeable. Also has less shadows baked in than the default, which is particularly noticeable on Table Mountain.

In any case, if you prefer the default you can simple rename or remove "sai231.cgl", in \orbx-landmarks-cape-town-city-pack\CGL\300. Note that there will be slight discrepancies in the object placements compared to the default Bing ortho. Also, in our custom ortho we've removed the footprints of vessels in the harbour and made other enhancements throughout, which you will lose by deactivating the CGL.

Cheers, Holger

Landmarks Cape Town - ortho vs default Bing.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 1:16 AM, kaboki said:

Im talking about MSFS here, forgot to mention that in my OP. I seem to forget that even other sims exist these days:p

Since you posted your question in the MSFS support forum, there was no doubt of which sim you were talking about. :)

18 minutes ago, wolfko said:

Since you posted your question in the MSFS support forum, there was no doubt of which sim you were talking about. :)

Posted in the general discussion forum, someone probably moved it here:)

Thanks Holger, I will check it out. I like the slightly darker colours in the bing ortho.

• Like 1