Orbx water on land glitch

Hi, this weird glitch is going on in my sim where i have water as land and the autogen isnt loading properly. I tried to search up videos on how to fix it but nothing appears to be working for me. I have Global base, vector, and openLC North America. Ive looked in the forums here but none of them seem to be working but maybe im doing something wrong.

Doug,

First and for most thanks for replying but I followed the instructions and it still didn't work for me. I spawned into Seattle and the water was still over the land and on the mountains...anything else we can do?

(**Note** I do have taxi2gate scenery for KSEA FYI)

gabe

orbx water issue.PNG

Edited by gabekatwaru

Hi Gabe

Please tell us what location that is of your screenshot.

Also, Please post a copy of your scenery.cfg file found at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

Please note: Do not open the file and copy and paste the contents, just attach the file.

To get rid of the black squares you will need to uncheck the DX10 mode option in FSX.

FSX DX10.PNG

Thanks Gabe

But there is no Orbx products installed to that scenery.cfg.

What is in the Addon Scenery folder? Orbx products should not be there.

If you open Orbx Central, what is the install location shown? As in my below example image circled in red. Mine is in J:\FSX\

Gabe.PNG

OK couple of things to answer your reply:

-I have a different scenery.cfg you can try and this one is in the fsx root folder. (The new cfg will be below)

- I also provided a screenshot of the install location which is the root folder and the addon scenery folder, no Orbx products under there

Hold on im just editing this reply after I found the scenery.cfg in another fsx folder under the "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX". I had 2 there one was an "FSX-SE" folder (which is my current version) and "FSX

Scenery.CFG

addon scener.PNG

Edited by gabekatwaru

Thanks

That scenery.cfg from the root folder is just a default backup file and has nothing but FSX default entries.

So, Please use the FSX Registry Utility found at this link   https://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_tools.php   and use the "Set Path" option and point it to your FSXSE installation.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/147088-how-to-use-the-tweakfs-fsx-registry-utility/

Ok thanks

So now, please open Orbx Central and go to settings\Insertion Point and use the "Addon Scenery" entry as your lowest non Orbx 3rd party entry to set the insertion point as per the below image. Please ignore the red circle in the image, but observe the yellow text.

OC Insertion Points.PNG

How do you know which one the lowest non Orbx third party entry it is when it could be multiple areas? I had the same problem in houston (KIAH) and Miami (KMIA)...

Also, I loaded back up into seattle and I got the same thing. The water was still in the land...

Edited by gabekatwaru

Because it is lowest non Orbx 3rd party entry listed in your scenery library as shown below is your scenery.cfg.

The item directly below (Edwards_AFB) "Addon Scenery"  is the first named default FSX entry.

And your Orbx products should be below your non Orbx 3rd party items, and above the default named items, but they are currently at the top.

And the Vector items must stay exactly where they are now.

Gabe 1.PNG

18 minutes ago, gabekatwaru said:

Also, I loaded back up into seattle and I got the same thing. The water was still in the land...

I don't think your simulator is reading the correct scenery.cfg file, that is why I sked you to use the FSX registry tool.

14 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Because it is lowest non Orbx 3rd party entry listed in your scenery library as shown below is your scenery.cfg.

The item directly below (Edwards_AFB) "Addon Scenery"  is the first named default FSX entry.

And your Orbx products should be below your non Orbx 3rd party items, and above the default named items, but they are currently at the top.

And the Vector items must stay exactly where they are now.

Gabe 1.PNG

So here, do you want me to move all the Orbx products under edwards afb?

No, they need to be above, but you will need to use the the insertion point tool or they will not stay there.

Also, when you are in Orbx Central, go to settings\help and run the sync simulator function.

The last scenery.cfg you posted needs to be in the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX location and be the only one present there.

3 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

No, they need to be above, but you will need to use the the insertion point tool or they will not stay there.

Also, when you are in Orbx Central, go to settings\help and run the sync simulator function.

The last scenery.cfg you posted needs to be in the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX location and be the only one present there.

Ok yea so thats the same exact one. Do you want me to delte any of these other ones?

pdfsx.PNG

Hi

No need to delete the other files that are named something other than "scenery.cfg".

Could you please tell me what location the above screenshot. Is that Florida?

I would do a verify files of all your Orbx products from within Orbx Central.

Also, please re-post the "scenery.cfg" file that is in the ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX location.

Thanks for all this help by the way rlly appreciated!

I got it to work, all the gltiches are fixed. I organized all the scenery library and verified the files in central and it fixed itself.

Thanks,

gabe :)

orbx norm.PNG

Edited by gabekatwaru
  • Like 1

Doug,

Nick Cooper mentioned in 

that the Verify files function is perhaps a cause in this.

but it is also a fix [ the last item in the fix procedure] so this

leaves a question of whether we should use the 'Verify files' function

when normally working with our Orbx files.

i have recently used the fix to clean up Australia V2.

joe

Hello,

if you read the topic again, you will see that it in fact states

Hello, in the case of FSX Steam Edition, this problem will typically occur when the customer runs the Steam Verify files function.

which is a different procedure to running verify files for Orbx products.