KBLU CTD's and Sinking Plane at Limberlost Ranch

MZee1960

Hello,

I currently have FSX with SP1&2. I have FTX Global Base, Vector, and numerous OpenLC regions, full fat regions, Trees HD, and airports - mostly all Orbx. Also running UT2 and REX Essentials. Everything Orbx is up to date - scenery and Orbx Central included.  

Some time ago, as is usually the case, I purchased, not one, but numerous sceneries all at same time during your sale (5 to be exact). With real life constantly getting in the way, it was several months before I got around to actually flying and exploring some of these. One I left for a longer while, as I had no suitable aircraft for - namely KBLU. Maybe pure luck, but the few times I started flying in the KBLU region - it was only short flights around Gansner Field. All here was good, so far. I now finally got an AC with appropriate 'gear' and decided to fly out of Limberlost ranch. Upon launching FSX, I found myself sitting in the AC 1/2 buried in the asphalt runway there. OK, then I decided to load up FSX at KBLU, and after a long, agonizing wait (3+min) - got message FSX encountered an error and will need to close (CTD). Second try, after many min. waiting, finally worked, but all small trees/shrubs in the airport vicinity were flickering between white (snow covered) and green. Very annoying, and even after turning 'off' all scenery addons in config panel, no joy. Tried several flights from Gansner to KBLU, and like clockwork, when about 19 to 20 nm out from the KBLU airstrip - got CTD each and every time. Obviously something in the vicinity not right scenery-wise. Event viewer simply points to g3d.dll . I remember getting the exact same CTD's at YBCG and CityScene GC, which were rendered unuseable on my system by Nick, and I got refund.

I followed everything to a T from the KBLU manual, and have no third party scenery in the entire California region. There seem to be little in the way of answers in the forums re this issue. The only airfield of the three which works flawlessly is Gasner Field. I have uninstalled KBLU via Central, and flew several flights out of Gasner to KBLU with different aircraft and without any issues. I feel I have pretty much exhausted my options to make things work, but all of them failed. As opposed to spending more time on this (not enjoyable), I would prefer just to get credit for KBLU (I have all transaction details) and fly in other Orbx areas - all of which work flawlessly.

Here's what I went through with the only other Orbx scenery that had ever given me problems (YBCG) :

Here are a few of the posts (without solutions and in P3D forums, not FSX) I came across :

As you can see, I already spent considerable time on these KBLU sinking plane at CA21, failure to load flight at KBLU, and CTD on KBLU approach issues and have run out of options. 

Milan .....

Edited by MZee1960

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Doug,

Just checking back.

In the Ticket Portal, this was assigned to Richard Lincoln over a week ago, and still no guidance/response. I am wondering if he's away, or ? 

I only wish someone gave me some feedback over there such as 'your request has been received, pls give us a few days to process .... etc.'

Thanks,

Milan ......

2 minutes ago, MZee1960 said:

Hi Doug,

Just checking back.

In the Ticket Portal, this was assigned to Richard Lincoln over a week ago, and still no guidance/response. I am wondering if he's away, or ? 

I only wish someone gave me some feedback over there such as 'your request has been received, pls give us a few days to process .... etc.'

Thanks,

Milan ......

At the moment the devs are probably up to their necks in moving over to the new support system, so it's possible queued items will be on the back burner. Rest assured Orbx won't forget you. 

14 minutes ago, MZee1960 said:

Hi Doug,

Just checking back.

Thanks,

Milan ......

Hi Milan

I will ask him for you.

On 12/28/2021 at 2:42 AM, Richard Lincoln said:

Hi Milan,

I have answered the Ticket, apologies, I have been flying around the Gibson Desert and connection was atrocious.

Hi Richard,

I just replied in the Ticket section now.

Happy New Year to You, and Doug Sawatzky.

Thank-you, both, for helping me out here ! 

Milan ..........

Edited by MZee1960