Frustrated by the Halloween Hunt

I have seen entries on your discord that show spooks where I have none. One notable example is Key West. I have the Orbx payware installed and some discord entries show spooks all around the entrance to the terminal building both with the default texture and the Orbxpayware.

What have I done wrong on my msfs setup that I do not see these spooks. Is there a missed setting? But if there is, why do I see Spooks elsewhere where I don't even have the Orbx addon?

Hi guys,

as with other flightsim platforms, add-ons can suppress the content of other add-ons if they have higher display priority. Perhaps you have third-party content, or your content.xml -- the registry file for add-ons -- isn't in the correct order?

For the latter, you can open content.xml, located in  C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator, in Notepad or similar and check the position of the "orbx-z-frightsimming-pack" entry. It should be below any other orbx-entries and also any third-party pack that covers the same locations. If not, you can delete the .xml file and MSFS will automatically build a new one and re-sort it alphabetically. Alternatively, an add-on manager like Addons Linker will allow you to do the same, particularly with third-party content.

image.png

Cheers, Holger

• Upvote 2

Sorry for not replying earlier...

Thanks all! I fixed my issue by deleting the Frightsim package using Orbx Central and reinstalling it. But that didn't work first time round, perhaps because of fat thumbs... So anyway, I deleted the foldere manually and deleted the content.xml

Then I reloadedthe Halloween Hunt via Orbx Central again and after msfs had recreated the content.xml file and hey presto! Exactly as you say Holger, the alphabetical sort puts the Halloween Hunt in the right place.

The main reason for my problem was that I hadn't reinstalled all my new and old Orbx sceneries after SU6, so the hunt was placed above some of the other addons.

All fixed and (hopefully) all targets found, although I don't have all the Orbx original sceneries and some of the spooked locations do look odd, especially the Essenden hideaway.

On 10/31/2021 at 11:07 AM, ikbenik said:

I had the same issue in Key West and Burbank airports...so, was not able to post halloween-things from there...reason is for me also a riddle...

As you can see from Holger's reply - all fixed. I enjoyed that!

• Thanks 1