AMD and flight sims

wain71

anyone on here got any experience with AMD GPU's and the 3 major flight sims? I have never had one but been offered a 6700xt, not sure on two things-

1- will it work along side my 9600k CPU

2- is that an upgrade from my 1070 GPU

like I said been offered it but not sure if it's worth doing......

I really am quite unsure about the AMD-Intel thing and if they work together on the same board, also some say their GPU's don't do flight simming very well....

thanks Nick...

got this, install was fine.  However I get out of range on black screen on monitor, looking in manual it says hdmi 1.4, its an Asus vx24a, I am thinking it's too old and can't work with the RX6700XT GPU.... tried a few thinks but can't even boot to safe mode....happy to buy a monitor if this is the issue, any ideas?

Thanks

Hello,

I don't suppose that you have another monitor or perhaps a TV that you could try.

I would have expected it to work with the monitor, not so sure about the motherboard

but I would expect that to work too.

Could the card be faulty, or perhaps does it need an extra power supply cable or cables?

• Thanks 1

There's no way that I can see that the monitor and video card aren't perfectly compatible. 

In the first instance I think I would totally uninstall the NVIDIA drivers from the computer and try the video card with the Windows drivers alone. Make sure that the monitor works plugged into the video port on the motherboard using the default drivers, then install the video card and if it doesn't boot up or there's no display I'd be starting to doubt the video card.

• Thanks 1

thanks both for responding, after trying different connections and different screens I have contacted the supplier, they will collect tomorrow and issue a refund....I uninstalled the nvidia drivers and installed new GPU but even though it appeared to be working fine there was nothing on screen not even when I could hear the PC going through the normal boot-up procedure.....PC now returned back to previous configuration and all is going along nicely....