Chambery LFLB poor graphics

flyinggizmo

Hi. I've just purchased the above scenery and disappointed with the graphical representation of the tower and other buildings.

They're very blurry whilst everything else is sharp. ( Exactly the same with OpenGL & Vulkan ) and I've also tried on a clean copy of xplane with no addons.

Surely the developer didn't think that this was acceptable for a payware airport?

I'd appreciate it if you would confirm my findings as in my opinion it doesn't reflect the usual quality of Orbx ( or partner ) products.

1.png

2.png

I purchased it through Orbx Central because I trust that anything you sell on your site will have been assessed and deemed worthy of upholding your reputation for quality scenery etc.

I feel that in this instance that quality control has not been met which is disappointing. It's very difficult as a consumer to assess these type of products especially if promotional pictures are taken from some distance as with this airport. I own a large number of Orbx products because I appreciate that anything you sell through your site has been assessed and released as a quality product. That's why I purchase from yourselves and not directly from the developer. Sadly I think this one has slipped the net!

I have just installed LFLB plus the  France VFR Obstacles & VFR Landmarks to check out the quality of the buildings.

I attach 3 pics of what I see plus my graphics settings and viewed at 3840x2169 on my 4K monitor

iCapture1.thumb.JPG.881ceb12d450e31eaed6b40badaf3e4b.JPG

Capture.thumb.JPG.a4916bd13431b376421006df1fd86dd2.JPG

Capture2.thumb.JPG.484827cfcba998d2450b93bc10e5f639.JPG

My XP11 Graphics settings:

Capture3.thumb.JPG.80312892ffc4b3f399f29ec2b243811c.JPG

I would say that my pics are very similar regarding the visual quality of the displayed buildings as indicated in the original post here.

Please note that the Partners aspect of Orbx Central is purely a retail outlet for those Developers who wish to use Orbx as another source of purchasing their products.

Regarding the topic of whether Orbx "vet" the Partners addons I need to refer that to @Ed Correia who can maybe assist.

Support for this addon is as @Doug Sawatzky highlighted, down to FranceVFR but i don't think you are referring to any support requirement but commenting on the quality of the product.

You could also state your concerns/observations directly to FranceVFR.

Should the addon be unacceptable to you I believe you could ask for a refund considering it is a very recent purchase. Refund requests need to be raised on Support Ticket as per the link here:

https://support.orbxdirect.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Thanks 1

Many thanks for looking at this @Jon Clarke & @Doug Sawatzky.

I'm not in the habit of complaining and I appreciate that it's not practical to scrupulously inspect every piece of scenery sold through the Orbx site.

I think it's because the quality of scenery that you produce and promote is normally of such a high quality that this one disappointed.

I think we'll just put this one down to experience but at least anyone looking to purchase this product may come across this post and make their own minds up

based on the pictures that we have submitted as to whether it suits their purpose.

• Like 1