No ATIS (128.650) at ENAL (Vigra Ålesund)

7 hours ago, John Burgess said:

Hi there,

I can confirm but suspect there never was.

I remember mentioning it during testing but can't remember the outcome so I may be wrong!

All the best,

John

This is my home airport and have departed from ENAL hundreds of times so I am 110% sure there has been ATIS before WU6. Can Orbx confirm this is on their tracking list for an ENAL update?

Hello,

I have sent an e mail to the developer, asking for him to take a look at this.

I also confirm that:

The default ENAL has a working ATIS

The Orbx ENAL has the same frequency which can be tuned but that no ATIS then appoears

That I have no idea whether it worked before any of the recent simulator updates.:)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TomAce said:

This is my home airport and have departed from ENAL hundreds of times so I am 110% sure there has been ATIS before WU6.

Thanks for confirming that.

I have an idea as to what might be happening.

When testing we've come across situations in which different people see different things.

For some reason MSFS will sometimes use default ILS's or comms rather than those in the scenery.

A rebuild of the content.xml file usually solved this but maybe ASOBO have finally fixed it in the latest update.

I know that when testing ENTO Finn (the developer of that and ENAL) was getting ATIS whilst I wasn't.

My suspicion is that up until now you have actually been receiving the default atis.

For some reason, possibly to do with the update, this has 'corrected' itself and you are now relying on the atis from the scenery which isn't working.

I suspect I've finally figured out why it isn't working so hopefully Finn can get it fixed.

All the best,

John

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Burgess said:

Thanks for confirming that.

I have an idea as to what might be happening.

When testing we've come across situations in which different people see different things.

For some reason MSFS will sometimes use default ILS's or comms rather than those in the scenery.

A rebuild of the content.xml file usually solved this but maybe ASOBO have finally fixed it in the latest update.

I know that when testing ENTO Finn (the developer of that and ENAL) was getting ATIS whilst I wasn't.

My suspicion is that up until now you have actually been receiving the default atis.

For some reason, possibly to do with the update, this has 'corrected' itself and you are now relying on the atis from the scenery which isn't working.

I suspect I've finally figured out why it isn't working so hopefully Finn can get it fixed.

All the best,

John

Thank you for your quick replies. I have also reported double windsocks on this airport earlier this summer, but no update there.