MSFS split previews sloped runway?

David Norfolk

I am remembering that there were some airports for P3D that seemed to have sloped runways simulated, KSNC comes to mind, as well as CO47 near KEGE.  I must have been mistaken, it sounds like is was not possible to have sloped runways in P3D.

EDIT: even the KSNC product page mentions sloped runways under features.

https://orbxdirect.com/product/ksnc

Edited by caleb1

Sloped Runways were not supported in FSX or P3D to version 4. However some creative designers figured out ways of doing it but it involves some trickery. I know a few of the grass runways I did in the Global Freeware Airports are sloped but it is a bigger problem with hard surfaces. One nice example is Ketchikan which has sloped taxiways but the parking spots and gates are hard to designate as FSX tries to make the airport level. Both P3D v 5 and MSFS support sloped runways but it is not a trivial exercise as each intersection point on the runways and taxiways must have a set elevation. At larger airports this becomes a very time consuming job.

Larry

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

One of the 2 KAVX ( for FSX / P3D ) addons had sloped runways along with some of the altiports, but the AI traffic was unable to use them and were disabled for the airport, if I remember correctly. It was the developers choice to support AI or sorta accurate runway slope.

• Like 1