Black textures various locations Prepar3D v4.5.14.34698 Orbx Hammerfest ENHF as an example

Order Receipt 60ffc3cdd9680

Hi guys,

I have a problem with black textures in Prepar35 v4.5.14.34698. I have already tried deleting the shaders folder, verifying the files in all of the Orbx packages including Global Base, Open LC and Global Vector. I have also verified the files in all of my Orbx regions e.g. England, Norway, Scotland and Wales all without success.

I also have TrueEarth Great Britain Central, South and North. I do not have the same black textures when running TrueEarth.

Has anybody got any idea what might be causing this problem?

Kindest regards

Colin 

Hammerfest ENHF.jpg

I had this problem also.  The issue with the water being black was fixed by disabling the "frozen surfaces in winter" option in the FTX Vector control panel I belive.  I also had the issue with the water being on the terrain It did get fixed eventually but I am not sure exactly what fixed it as I was trying so many different things.

I think switching to Orbx central from ftx central helped.  But I would imagine you are already using Orbx central.  I'll keep you updated if I find anything in regards to what fixed that issue.

Hi Caleb1, Scott & Nick,

Caleb1 and Scott, thanks for your prompt responses.

Nick, you never cease to amaze me with your problem solving.

When verifying files, I forgot to verfy the Orbx Libraries files. This was all it took to resolve my problems.

My very kindest regards and thanks

Colin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1