Northumberland Coast - EU GB Central MSFS

Hmm, according to the Orbx Central map of included POIs the coverage stretches up to Berwick on the east coast but it only has lighthouses up there, no Bamburgh Castle which is a shame:

image.thumb.png.004328a59c5702ae175ee44822613dd9.png

Although Callaly Castle is included and that is north of Newcastle...

• Like 1

I live in Northumberland, and I work on the railway.. also my wife worked for Northumberland Tourism and I have NEVER heard of Callaly Castle. I could list a dozen or more amazing castles near Newcastle and Callaly Castle isn't one.

First time I've heard of it as well lol. Just seems to be a 17th century mansion. Went looking around the map for nuclear power stations as well, as they tend to be quite visually distinctive for VFR flight but the only one they seem to have modelled is Wylfa nuclear power station on Anglesey. Was hoping they would've modelled Sellafield.

As an aside, is there a KMZ included with the download? The few Orbx releases I've purchased for MSFS don't seem to include any documentation at all anymore, you used to get a little bit of info about an airport and a chart but no more, not a big deal but a KMZ is pretty handy! Yeah there's the Orbx Central map but with a KMZ I could import the POI markers into something like Little Nav Map for easier flight planning, plus the old KMZs were also organised better with individual folders in Google Earth for the various types of POIs which would be handy here to only see castles or lighthouses for example...

Well just bought it myself and no KMZ which is a bit of a disappointment but not the end of the world. Now onto flying!

Edited by Megadyptes
Adding some more rambling

How can you include Darlington Stadium and not include St James Park?

You can even see the Sunderland stadium in the distance.. but specifically no Newcastle Utd - the stadium dominates the skyline. Here just a bing photo.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.08.01 - 10.43.38.25 copy.jpg

Edited by makapala

14 minutes ago, makapala said:

How can you include Darlington Stadium and not include St James Park?

You can even see the Sunderland stadium in the distance.. but specifically no Newcastle Utd - the stadium dominates the skyline. Here just a bing photo.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.08.01 - 10.43.38.25 copy.jpg

your missing stuff from your msfs as in the uk update St James Park was a landmark they addad  

Edited by steve86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, makapala said:

I live in Northumberland, and I work on the railway.. also my wife worked for Northumberland Tourism and I have NEVER heard of Callaly Castle. I could list a dozen or more amazing castles near Newcastle and Callaly Castle isn't one.

Hello,

it appears that it is a real things though.

https://www.sandersonyoung.co.uk/property/museum-wing-callaly-castle-callaly-alnwick/

2 minutes ago, David Woodford said:

i reinstalled the (very detailed) Newcastle upon Tyne freeware.

Strangely whether it’s there or not I’m getting a collision with an invisible object at 2000ft when flying over the city. Strange bananas 

I also suffered a strange collision in Newcastle, same as you. I have no freeware add on’s just the Orbx Central UK add on.

4 hours ago, David Woodford said:

weird. given I updated all the marketplace items last week

Hi what are your settings, mine are mostly set to High but not Ultra, I am wondering if the amount of POIs we see is settings dependant. I am away from PC at the moment so unable to experiment myself.

12 hours ago, David Woodford said:

i reinstalled the (very detailed) Newcastle upon Tyne freeware.

Strangely whether it’s there or not I’m getting a collision with an invisible object at 2000ft when flying over the city. Strange bananas 

So I'm not the only one getting this problem. I fly over a flat St James Park which eventually turns 3d & my plane goes mental starts spinning out of control

Makapala - Your York and my York are poles apart.  I have no details on the station, the hotels over Lendal Bridge are not defined as yours and the gardens on both sides of the river are full of trees on mine.  I have photogrammetry switched OFF and bing data world graphics are ON.  I am running with everything on Ultra.  The Orbx scenery is installed properly - I checked Liverpool's waterfront with and without and the scenery was definately enhanced.  Do you have anything else installed to get such a good definition ?

6 hours ago, LeHero said:

Makapala - Your York and my York are poles apart.  I have no details on the station, the hotels over Lendal Bridge are not defined as yours and the gardens on both sides of the river are full of trees on mine.  I have photogrammetry switched OFF and bing data world graphics are ON.  I am running with everything on Ultra.  The Orbx scenery is installed properly - I checked Liverpool's waterfront with and without and the scenery was definately enhanced.  Do you have anything else installed to get such a good definition ?

oops/ maybe I installed some free scenery that I forgot about. My bad. Definitely not payware lol