Bridges and the abilty to fly under 'em

The first think I did after I got SU5 installed was fly through London and specifically through the Tower Bridge. Worked fine in my TBM930 and I am certainly using Orbx's London pack. The second time I tried to do it my landing gear (I know) clipped the lower part of the bridge, but that was on me. There's nothing for Orbx to enable. You should be able to do it right now.

• Like 1

Flying under bridges has depended on your Damage settings. It needs to be Off. I am unaware that the new Update 5 removes that requirement, but do know that having the damage option Off allows you to fly under the bridges anywhere and do not think it is requiring any Orbx enabling as it was always governed by the Sim and not the addon as far as I am aware.

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2021 at 6:13 AM, Jon Clarke said:

Flying under bridges has depended on your Damage settings. It needs to be Off. I am unaware that the new Update 5 removes that requirement, but do know that having the damage option Off allows you to fly under the bridges anywhere and do not think it is requiring any Orbx enabling as it was always governed by the Sim and not the addon as far as I am aware.

Sorry Jon but I don't think that's quite right.

To wit: I have just flown successfully under Orbx's Sydney Harbour Bridge without incident, both ways. Cannot fly between the towers at Tower Bridge. I can also fly under many other bridges. It's a scenery problem, nothing to do with the game.

As a fan of "The Blue Max" I've always wanted to take my Gypsy Moth under all the bridges I can find. Tower Bridge is one of the largest and easiest but it's not possible. Kindly ask the programmers to fix it.

Many thanks.

PS I'm very happy to be corrected.

Edited by Fizzelle
removed a rogue "h"

Flying under the Harbor Bridge Sydney in the Orbx scenery is possible, furthermore it was possible to fly under the Luxembourg "Red Bridge" and the Hoover Dam bridge (both asobo) in earlier versions but only if you took small planes. i have the feeling that "crash or not crash" depends on the plane you choose, not on the question if it "should fit" or not :)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, flyingpaul1980 said:

Flying under the Harbor Bridge Sydney in the Orbx scenery is possible, furthermore it was possible to fly under the Luxembourg "Red Bridge" and the Hoover Dam bridge (both asobo) in earlier versions but only if you took small planes. i have the feeling that "crash or not crash" depends on the plane you choose, not on the question if it "should fit" or not :)

Well I am happy to be corrected!

I took the smallest aircraft I have, the Top Rudder ultralight, and flew under the bridge successfully.

So it looks like the "hitboxes" need adjusting. I'll shut up now, thanks to everyone for their help.