To pick an aircraft for MSFS

Sniper31

Okay, I am reaching out to you all for a little help. I am wanting to purchase one (or maybe two) of the aircraft available for sale on OrbxDirect for MSFS. Those who know me know I love flying low and slow GA aircraft. With that in mind, I am trying to decide between the following three GA planes (not in any specific order):

1) Jabiru J160/J170

2) EA-7 Edgley Optica

3) CH701 Zenith STOL

For those of you who have flown any of these in MSFS, what are your thoughts? If you could only get one, which one would you get? If you could get two, which two would you get?

Appreciate your thoughts and comments regarding this topic. Cheers!

37 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Okay, I am reaching out to you all for a little help. I am wanting to purchase one (or maybe two) of the aircraft available for sale on OrbxDirect for MSFS. Those who know me know I love flying low and slow GA aircraft. With that in mind, I am trying to decide between the following three GA planes (not in any specific order):

1) Jabiru J160/J170

2) EA-7 Edgley Optica

3) CH701 Zenith STOL

For those of you who have flown any of these in MSFS, what are your thoughts? If you could only get one, which one would you get? If you could get two, which two would you get?

Appreciate your thoughts and comments regarding this topic. Cheers!

Hi Landon

I have only one on your list,  #2 the Edgley Optica.  I really like it, visibility is one of its really strong points , its relatively easy to fly, very stable and overall for an

"armchair flyer" it really suits me. I would certainly recommend it.

If I could suggest a freeware GA alternative have a look at the GotGravel mods available on flightsim.to (  Savage Carbon - STOL Realism Mod » Microsoft Flight Simulator ). 

I enjoy the Savage Carbon and lot, and  it is really payware quality. Might also be of interest to you for GA flying.

About the only other one I use is the Bonzana A36 "modded". Again available at the same website. 

I also like the FBW A320  , not because I am into jets at all, but I just was curious how all the sequencing worked. Still a lot to learn there though.

For me , I enjoy looking at the world and so in most respects the aircraft is more a means to an end in that regard.  So my important criteria are around ease of use, stability and the ability to go slow and enjoy MS2020. Of course every one is different and enjoys different aspects when it comes to aircraft.

Cheers

Pete 

So, I went ahead and purchased two of the aircraft, the Edgley and the CH701. I have not flown the CH701 yet, but I just did some flying over the amazing Orbx EGGP Liverpool airport in the Edgley, and I have to say that, WOW! what an absolutely fun little plane! I love it! It feels like I am flying in a dragonfly, the cockpit and the textures inside and out look superb! It's super nimble and a joy to fly. Two thumbs up from me on this little gem of a plane! Great job on this one Orbx!

I agree with you Sniper, it’s a great little plane. I’ve had the free one for awhile now plus where we used to live near Dadelus Airport, it was a Navy base and the Police we’re trying them out for Aerial Recon, like the Motorway near us. As you say a fantastic little plane for low and slow flight. Thanks Derek.

If you really want to appreciate the detail in the Orbx scenery, I'd suggest the Bell 47G from Flyinside. You have to really fly it though, you can't just sit back and let it fly itself. But if you want to gain an insight into just how much work goes into Orbx scenery I've not found anything better - the visibility is second to none. The London city pack+ EGLC and the Sydney City/airport make for some fantastic low and very slow flights.

Archived