Opticas everywhere

I believe the Optica is a pretty rare plane, but they're showing up at nearly every airport I fly to now, sometimes several in some pretty strange places like suburban Tokyo airports.

Is there some way to turn off the static AI totally?

Yes. If you go into the aircraft.cfg file (in the simobjects folder, you might need to search for the location) you'll find each model has its own section, and towards the bottom of each section you'll see a line that includes "RAMP". Delete the word RAMP leaving just the "".  Do that for each entry in the file. 

That should be enough. I'll add to this post later when I'm on the pc with a bit more detail. 

Here's what I posted elsewhere, should be enough info for you to prevent the Opticas being seen everywhere:

In my aircraft folder:  M:\MSFS Community\msfs\EA-7 Edgley Optica\Community\Orbx-aircraft-optica\SimObjects\Airplanes\orbx_optica

there's a file called aircraft.cfg.  It lists the various models under the [FLTSIM.X] sections.  In each of these at the bottom are the lines:

isAirTraffic=1
isUserSelectable=1
atc_parking_types="RAMP"

which I have changed for each model to read:

isAirTraffic=0
isUserSelectable=1
atc_parking_types=""

A check of a few airfields just now hasn't shown any Opticas as AI or parked aircraft.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, John Dow said:

Yes. If you go into the aircraft.cfg file (in the simobjects folder, you might need to search for the location) you'll find each model has its own section, and towards the bottom of each section you'll see a line that includes "RAMP". Delete the word RAMP leaving just the "".  Do that for each entry in the file. 

That should be enough. I'll add to this post later when I'm on the pc with a bit more detail. 

Here's what I posted elsewhere, should be enough info for you to prevent the Opticas being seen everywhere:

In my aircraft folder:  M:\MSFS Community\msfs\EA-7 Edgley Optica\Community\Orbx-aircraft-optica\SimObjects\Airplanes\orbx_optica

there's a file called aircraft.cfg.  It lists the various models under the [FLTSIM.X] sections.  In each of these at the bottom are the lines:

isAirTraffic=1
isUserSelectable=1
atc_parking_types="RAMP"

which I have changed for each model to read:

isAirTraffic=0
isUserSelectable=1
atc_parking_types=""

A check of a few airfields just now hasn't shown any Opticas as AI or parked aircraft.

It'd be likely a good idea to have this by default, since any update to the Optica will make it eligible to flood the parkings again :D

40 minutes ago, Abriael said:

It'd be likely a good idea to have this by default, since any update to the Optica will make it eligible to flood the parkings again :D

Yes I've made a comment however in case nothing comes of it, I have copied the [FLTSIM] section encompassing all the liveries into a text file, saved to the same folder. If an update changes the relevant text it will be less than a minute to restore the changes. 

• Like 1

This is a standard MSFS feature with any new aircraft you install.

I saw Jabiru's everywhere, then CRJ's and now Stearman's as that's the latest one I've installed.

4 hours ago, Ells said:

This is a standard MSFS feature with any new aircraft you install.

I saw Jabiru's everywhere, then CRJ's and now Stearman's as that's the latest one I've installed.

It's not standard. It happens only if the developers set their aircraft as air traffic enabled with isAirTraffic=1 in the aircraft.cfg file. The reason why you likely don't see Jabirus' everywhere anymore is because the developer set it back to  isAirTraffic=0 in the latest update after receiving the same feedback.

It should always be set to 0 for flyable high-poly models, because they have a high impact on performance anyway, especially when multiple spawn to sit on the tarmac. 1 should be reserved to low-poly models made especially for air traffic, if the developer wants to make one. 

Whenever the user sets the ground aircraft slider higher than zero, the simulator will pick randomly among all their owned aircraft that have isAirTraffic=1, which is what leads to the invasion of high-poly third-party aircraft. This can be avoided simply by the development good practice of having isAirTraffic=0 as default.

Even better practice, would be having a dedicated low-poly model exclusively for air traffic, but I guess the Optica is so rare that it wouldn't be worth the hassle (it'd be nice for multiplayer tho). 

Edited by Abriael