Run as Administrator !

Hello ,

Today i tried to run the Simulator as an Administrator (as i always do) and i was getting a message : Windows cannot access the specified device , path or file ! You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item !!

When i run msfs Not as an Administrator it Worked fine !
This happened after the latest Update .

Any idea what happened ?

Mike 

I use to run MSFS as Admin but had issues with purchases with the Marketplace ; so for the last six month's I just double click on the MSFS icon and have had zero issues .

Cheers

John

2 hours ago, BradB said:

I use to run MSFS as Admin but had issues with purchases with the Marketplace ; so for the last six month's I just double click on the MSFS icon and have had zero issues .

Cheers

John

To be honest i never had any problems in the past launching my sim ( Or any sim.) as an administrator ) ! It was out of curiosity i was asking !!!

Whatever the case i double click now , get a beautiful Splash Screen and it works Perfect ! :)

Cheers

Mike

Hi, 

I had the same issue following the Sim Update.  It appeared in my case that "Something" had changed the permissions to the folder where MSFS is installed (I am using MS Store Version).  The Admin account had been set to Read Only permissions on the folder.  I updated the permissions to Full Control and can launch MSFS as Admin again now.

Cheers 

Rich  

Hi, 

If you navigate to the following drive:  C:\ProgrammeFiles\WindowsApps there should be a folder called "Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.16.2.0_X64_8WEK.....".  Right click on this folder and select "Properties". In the new window select the "Security" tab and select "Edit" to edit the permissions.  From there you should be able to highlight the Administrator account and add Full Control permissions to the folder for Admin.

Please note the above path is where it installed from MSStore purchase.  I am not sure if the path is the same for STEAM?

Hope that helps

Rich  

No problems here to start MSFS as admin.

The reason for some not being able to do so might be the windows update, which I had about the same date as the last MSFS update. Already the second or third time Windows and MSFS updates came hand in hand.

On 5/30/2021 at 7:28 AM, Rich Willetts said:

Hi, 

If you navigate to the following drive:  C:\ProgrammeFiles\WindowsApps there should be a folder called "Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.16.2.0_X64_8WEK.....".  Right click on this folder and select "Properties". In the new window select the "Security" tab and select "Edit" to edit the permissions.  From there you should be able to highlight the Administrator account and add Full Control permissions to the folder for Admin.

Please note the above path is where it installed from MSStore purchase.  I am not sure if the path is the same for STEAM?

Hope that helps

Rich  

Thanks Rich that fixed it for me :)

Archived