I am getting very odd tree/vegetation colour and density using TrueEarth Great Britain South and Orbx airport EGTB - Booker. The tree colour is reproducing as a pale lime green colour and not the mid-dark green colour I get if I use Orbx airport EGKA - Shoreham. I have attached screen shots to show the difference. The palegreen trees look very artificial and are not very convincing. Also, they do not darken with distance - partly due to shadows cast only being represented on trees within about a 2 mile radius.

What is odd is that if I start at Shoreham (EGTK)these odd effects do not occur. I have yet to'fly' from Booker to Shoreham tosee if the scenery changes en-route.

Is this something to do with my sceneries insertion points or am I missing something else?

True Earth01.png

TrueEarth02.png

Hi Michael,

I cannot find any reference to "Speedtrees (Dynamic Vegetation)".   I have looked in my <Scenery Library> and also in Orbx Central <My Products> but without success. I have done a search through all my hard drives, too, but cannot find it.

Edited by roadrabbit
clarity

Hello,

start P3D and from the Scenario screen, go to the Options World menu where you will see a tick box for "Dynamic 3D autogen vegetation"

Remove the tick, close P3D and when you restart it, the odd looking trees should be gone.

Magic!  How simle adix, but how wonderfully effective.

Thank you both, very much for the fix. Now I can get back to checking out TrueEarth against MSFS default scenery.

I teach, and one student uses MSFS. This means we have had problems with replicating external views of country fields. Previously, when the student has selected a field suitable for a forced landing, he might see a large, open field where I see a small field surrounded by high trees. I am hoping for some adequate similarity between TrueEarth and MSFS scenery replication as, I understand, both have orthographic bases.

Edited by roadrabbit
clarity