LOWI - Missing ground vehicles

For a few weeks (it might have coincided with the latest LOWI update) I have no more ground vehicles available. The only thing available is the external power, but no stairs, no baggage vehicles, no catering vehicle and no pushback truck.

Any idea?

Just spawned at those 2 airports and I have the same issue, no other addons other than the A32NX, Navigraph and one livery, deleted my content.xml prior to loading MSFS and I don't use any cache. When I call the tug the aircraft moves slightly, and I can push back, but the tug is not visible.

Edited by AndyM01

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 1:50 PM, eagle22 said:

Most ground services are not available in LOWI, can't be called from the menu... No pushback!

Can this be fixed please?

11 hours ago, bioswatcher said:

Very disappointing on the part of Orbx to leave its customers in the lurch. The least they could do is to take the complaint into consideration.

All ground services are available at Orbx' LOWI, but which services are available depends on the airplane used and on the parking position, just like in ral life. Here is a pic I took 5 minute ago from a pushback executed on the 787. BTW in real life in most cases puhsback is not used at LOWI by commercial airliners, because there is usually enough space at their parking positions to enable them to turn around on their own.

1149475146_PBLOWI.thumb.jpg.1fffd8c4782aad01f94084cd7e488756.jpg

Edited by wolfko
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, wolfko said:

All ground services are available at Orbx' LOWI, but which services are available depends on the airplane used and on the parking position, just like in ral life. Here is a pic I took 5 minute ago from a pushback executed on the 787. BTW in real life in most cases puhsback is not used at LOWI by commercial airliners, because there is usually enough space at their parking positions to enable them to turn around on their own.

1149475146_PBLOWI.thumb.jpg.1fffd8c4782aad01f94084cd7e488756.jpg

You say 'in most cases' and 'usually', I'm guess not always, and not all the time. Probably unusual for a 787 to use LOWI, can you please spawn in using the A320 and try please?

If you read my post above, for me, there are pushback services for the A320, because I can actually pushback, however, they are invisible. Now, the issue is not a big problem for me, but for others it may be.

Hello,

what is apparent is that you need to choose the parking that has pushback for an aircraft that needs pushback.

Here is one, not only is the aircraft being pushed back, the operation is also being supervised.

Ramp 2, horrible weather today it seems.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

what is apparent is that you need to choose the parking that has pushback for an aircraft that needs pushback.

Here is one, not only is the aircraft being pushed back, the operation is also being supervised.

1.jpg

Thank Nick, but I can't open the image file.

27 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

I was editing the post, there are three images now, please try again

Thanks. Can you try pushback with the A320 please? As I said, I can pushback, but strangely the vehicle is invisible.

1 hour ago, AndyM01 said:

Thanks. Can you try pushback with the A320 please? As I said, I can pushback, but strangely the vehicle is invisible.

As per you request here are pushback and other grpund serbices available for the A320. Screenies taken just 10 minutes ago with live weather. Yes, we again have got rain here in Innsbruck:

1) Available ground services for the A320

598792380_A320GroundSrvices.thumb.jpg.416d92df8be13c553da29e63d59a4e09.jpg

2) Pushback Request for the A320

907659324_A320PushbackRequest.thumb.jpg.92d592b7f2de46deddc51f10753fe576.jpg

3) Pushback for A320 operating (pushback vehicle is visible)

994405027_A320Pushback.thumb.jpg.d10ad866dcd60ab3d9230eacce58045a.jpg

So, no problems here at all for pushback and other ground services for the A320.

Cheers, Wolfgang

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2021 at 9:04 AM, theother1 said:

For a few weeks (it might have coincided with the latest LOWI update) I have no more ground vehicles available. The only thing available is the external power, but no stairs, no baggage vehicles, no catering vehicle and no pushback truck.

Any idea?

Just on the off chance that this might be affected by the default Asobo LOWI, do you have that one deleted through the Content Manager?

Edited by Gulfstreamtwo
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gulfstreamtwo said:

Just on the off chance that this might be affected by the default Asobo LOWI, do you have that one deleted through the Content Manager?

Good call!

The only thing I have noticed is, that the fuel truck option is sometimes missing in the list of the available ground services (pic 1 in my above post). I could not figure out yet what the conditions are to make this service appearing (cold and dark, or ready for pushback, or just landed etc.). But I think this happens at many airports.

@AndyM01 Also sometimes you have to be patient and call 2 or 3 times for a certain service until it becomes available, just like it is at real world aiports, where only a certain amount of catering trucks etc. is available. When I did the LOWI screen shots before and ordered the baggage sevice, ground service replied: "Sorry we cannot find the baggage." :lol:. I tried another time and all was good.

• Upvote 1

Same problem for me. Only the electrical supply vehicle is available and displayed. The Pushback works but is not shown. No stairs, no baggages, no catering. Tried with several aircraft at different parking places. Deleted the Asobo and reinstalled the Orbx. Nothing changed.

Edited by Backfire02

Hello,

I have looked into this a bit more and it seems that what is seen is the result of a combination

of what the aircraft is set to see and what is available at the parking in question.

I set the PMDG DC6 to ask for them all and it was a case of "be careful what you wish for":)

Gate

2.jpg

So I reset it for everything but the jetway and:

Gate

3.jpg

Ramp

4.jpg

A different Ramp

5.jpg

If this does nothing else, it illustrates that to see an available ground service, the aircraft and the airport must share that setting.

This might go a long way towards explaining why we are all seeing different things.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, theother1 said:

They are neither displayed nor appear when I call them.

Okay, please try the following, if you have not already: on the world map set Ramp 7/Parking as departure (Ramp 8 will also work). Then your A320 will be positoned cold and dark at a gate, where all the service vehicles (with the exception of a fuel truck) are already waiting to service you. Of course you have to start electrical power before you are able to call the services.

If you want the services after landing ignore the ATC taxi instructions and also do not park, where all the service vehicles and the BP fuel truck are already waiting (they are not ai but starics of the scenery) but as close to the right of this area as possible. 

Please note that in real world there are no marked parking spots at LOWI. The marshaller will space aircraft parking based on demand.

I hope this helps.

Edited by wolfko
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 9:22 AM, wolfko said:

Okay, please try the following, if you have not already: on the world map set Ramp 7/Parking as departure (Ramp 8 will also work). Then your A320 will be positoned cold and dark at a gate, where all the service vehicles (with the exception of a fuel truck) are already waiting to service you. Of course you have to start electrical power before you are able to call the services.

If you want the services after landing ignore the ATC taxi instructions and also do not park, where all the service vehicles and the BP fuel truck are already waiting (they are not ai but starics of the scenery) but as close to the right of this area as possible. 

Please note that in real world there are no marked parking spots at LOWI. The marshaller will space aircraft parking based on demand.

I hope this helps.

Hi wolfko,

I started from Ramp 7 and there was nothing there except the ground power as usual, even when I requested it.