anyone know a generous freeware developer?

Hi all. Having finished writing our four WWII novels (they are on Amazon under my name), we are hoping to start another series. As before, I would like to fly the actual missions in the flight sim before writing a section. Which brings me to my problem. The wonderful Alpha Sim/Virtavia C-7 Caribou is too dated for P3D4. Does anyone know a generous freeware developer who would be willing to bring the C-7 into P3D4?

Hello,

almost all native FSX aircraft work in P3D v4 but if their gauges are .dlls or .gau files,

then they cannot work in a 64 bit environment.

One does not need that utility or any other to install FSX aircraft into P3D and in any

case, it seems clear that it has been designed for P3D v1, as it is now known.

The Virtavia aircraft model is for FS9 and cannot work in P3D v4+.

FS9 models are completely incompatible and cause the simulator to crash.

41 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

almost all native FSX aircraft work in P3D v4 but if their gauges are .dlls or .gau files,

then they cannot work in a 64 bit environment.

One does not need that utility or any other to install FSX aircraft into P3D and in any

case, it seems clear that it has been designed for P3D v1, as it is now known.

The Virtavia aircraft model is for FS9 and cannot work in P3D v4+.

FS9 models are completely incompatible and cause the simulator to crash.

Nick, I'm experiencing exactly what you say--most planes move forward into P3D4 with no trouble, but the older models with FS9 roots do not. The Virtavia/Alpha Sim C-7 has roots in the stone age and simply will not make the jump. That's why I'm wondering if someone with the right chops might be willing to have a crack at a P3D4 DHC4 Caribou or even a DHC5 Buffalo. I do have the Caribou in FSX-SE but would really like the better flow of P3D4 if possible. I want to make the novel's chapters as realistic as I can!

Archived