EGHR Chichester / Goodwood Airport - Not Displaying

glypo

Hello,

I'm in need of help, please. I've had a look through these forums and can't find an answer. From Orbx I have bought both TrueEarth GB South and the Chichester/Goodwood airport. However, around Goodwood only the default TrueEarth seems to be displaying. I've attached the log and .ini files as requested, they don't mean a great deal to me sadly.

Am I missing something obvious? All my other Orbx goods seem to work well enough.

Many thanks in advance,
Jason

I have tried obvious options such as verifying both files, I have also removed and reinstalled EGHR to no avail. Example screenshot for comparison to the product page. 

20210412170259_1.thumb.jpg.47e5efc9de5d551f9477d63371e2519f.jpg

5c07c21930df5.jpg

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

Perhaps I should say, I have installed all of these through Orbx Central which I expected to take care of the scenery_packs.ini and so on. I have also tried the 'Validate Files' and 'Sync Simulator'. 'Automatic layering' is also turned on.

Hello,

I think that is my issue exactly. It is installed, in that it's downloaded, verified, etc. Also, as stated in my initial post, I've tried removing, re-downloading and re-installing. Hence I'm stuck. Surely Central should be dealing with the scenery_packs.ini, as it has with all other scenery I've installed? If Orbx Central shows it as installed (and bearing in mind everything else works), does this suggest Central has a bug by not 'installing' it into XP11 properly? I've included my Central.log as well.

I can see all the symlinks from xplane and they all point towards the right place, including the directory for EGHR. Is there any danger if I simply manually update my scenery_packs.ini to state EGHR Goodwood?

Thanks,
Jason

1684622917_Screenshotfrom2021-04-1317-10-40.thumb.png.cabc12e0a6c87d1f8a61d08b3f61fe14.png

central.log

Hello,

I have managed to resolve this issue. Potentially can still be marked as an Orbx Central bug, at least for Linux. When you 'Uninstall' the scenery broken symlinks don't get removed, and when the package is reinstalled the broken symlink remains. I took a fairly drastic step of deleting all of the Orbx symlinks in the 'Custom Scenery' directory, then thankfully when I 'Verify' the files, Central was good enough to simply write new symlinks which now all work!

It would be really handy is 'Verify Files' checked for a valid Symlink and/or when you remove an airfield/package it removed the symlink (even when broken).

Thanks,
Jason

Hello.

Glad you resolved the issue. I note your comments about Orbx Central and Linux.

When you uninstall or install and addon it is not immediately noted in the scenery_packs.ini and needs a XP start and exit to register it in the scenery_packs.

This may have been why initially it appeared from the Log and scenery_packs files that it was not installed.

I will ask the Orbx Central people if they can advise further, but will mark this as resolved for now.

@Nick Cooper Hi Nick. Can we ask Orbx Central people to advise further regarding the removal of symlinks when an addon is uninstalled, by moving this topic to the Orbx central forum please.

Archived