Refund requested

Yesterday I downloaded and paid for 4 airports, EGTK, EGTB, ENNO, ENTO. Only the first (EGTK) I find of acceptable quality. The other three fall short because they do not provide a fuel supply either via Ground Services of via an active Fuel Box. They therefore cannot be used realistically. I have therefore uninstalled them and returned to the default airports which all have refuelling points. Please indicate how you can resolve this issue.

Thanks

David Ireland (UK)

I've only got EGTB but I can confirm that, although there are what look like fuel pumps they don't work.  Then again neither do the ones at Asobo's EGCB Barton.

This is a problem not just with the ones you've listed above.  Asobo's Out Skerries doesn't have fuel pumps modelled and the same at EGHC St.Just, neither does their EGPR Barra and if you request a fuel truck you get told none is available.

Burning Blue Designs EGMD Lydd does not have refuelling yet the default did.  However Orbx's EGNM Leeds Bradford does and they work.

So some custom ones work, some (even Asobo's handcrafted ones) don't.  I personally don't mind as I think that these custom airports greatly improve upon the visuals of the default, yes it would be nice if the fuel pumps don't work but I would imagine if you mention this to the developers concerned they would look in to this for future updates.

3 hours ago, Crom UK said:

I've only got EGTB but I can confirm that, although there are what look like fuel pumps they don't work.  Then again neither do the ones at Asobo's EGCB Barton.

This is a problem not just with the ones you've listed above.  Asobo's Out Skerries doesn't have fuel pumps modelled and the same at EGHC St.Just, neither does their EGPR Barra and if you request a fuel truck you get told none is available.

Burning Blue Designs EGMD Lydd does not have refuelling yet the default did.  However Orbx's EGNM Leeds Bradford does and they work.

So some custom ones work, some (even Asobo's handcrafted ones) don't.  I personally don't mind as I think that these custom airports greatly improve upon the visuals of the default, yes it would be nice if the fuel pumps don't work but I would imagine if you mention this to the developers concerned they would look in to this for future updates.

On many airports I have made the experience that when requesting a fuel truck, you have to be patient. It can be that you will be told a few times, that there is no fuel truck available. But then the fourth or fifth request might be successful. That's just like in the real world, the demand for fuel sometimes exceeds the number of fuel trucks available.

That's actually enhancing immersion and one of the things I like about MSFS.

On 4/4/2021 at 11:09 AM, Jagman44 said:

Please indicate how you can resolve this issue.

Thanks

David Ireland (UK)

Hello David,

I do not seek to minimise the importance to you of these apparent omissions but

the airports seem to bring a far greater enhancement than is offset by the lack of a fuel trigger.

I have asked the developers to take a look at this topic and perhaps add the missing fuel triggers.

Hello David,

I see that you have chosen to post some information at the FS forums which is not accurate.

I have checked and nothing that you have contributed has been deleted.

I bought 4 Airports via Orbx Central and found 3 of them had no fuel supply. I therefore considered the software quality less than expected from Payware and deleted them.
So I posted a polite complaint on the Orbx Support Forum. Some (politely) critical remarks in the ensuing conversation resulted in my post being deleted. If I deal with Orbx in the future I will not be daft eneugh to download more than one item at a time so any money wasted is minimised. Eye candy on Payware airports is expected, but I expect to be able to use my Sim airports for fully immersive flight operations. This is not the first time, it seems, that Orbx quality standard have been found wanting.

I find this to be most regrettable.

The developer of ENTO and ENNO has responded to my request.

The reason that he deliberately did not include fuel triggers is because at the moment,

the inclusion of a fuel trigger means the appearance in the simulator of the default fuel

station.

Both airports include bespoke fuel stations and a default version was deemed to look

out of place.

I am further informed that a request has been put in to Asobo, to allow the placing of a

fuel trigger without the accompanying model, but that it has not been heeded.

Archived