Black mesh patches in TE Washington

JakenWu

I have just downloaded the TE Washington HD version. While I was flying I noticed that there are black square mesh patches showing up at serveral different locations within the TE Washington region. The picture shows what they look like. I have tried verify the files, and it seem like nothing is missing. Is there a solution to this? Thanks!

TE washington.JPG

17 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

Is there anyway you can assist in telling me where to look for these black squares. Grid reference? Nearest airport to depart from and then heading?

In the meantime I have slightly rearranged your scenery_packs.ini to optimise the Orbx addons you have.

scenery_packs.ini 6.43 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you for replying! Although I can't locate every single one of them since they are just scattered around the whole scenery, but here is a picture of the mesh around the Seattle area. Hope this would help

Seattle mesh.JPG

Thanks.

Do you have the option of Backups enabled in Orbx Central? The attached pic shows where to look and the location a backup will be stored if that option is enabled.

If you do have a Backup, please move it out of that location to a place on the same drive and then run a Verify Files again.

If you have a backup when you run Verify Files or do a reinstall it will read from the Backup files and not from the Orbx server . The backup may be corrupted some how.

823127637_Backupslocation.thumb.JPG.a0e6d5268a158ad99013dad99b135c00.JPG

Output / preferences / X-Plane file -- delete.

If using Vulkan in Output / shadercache / vulkan -- delete numbered folder inside vulkan folder

If using GL delete shadercache folder,

Restart PC, & XP & reset your Graphic Settings from your screenshot.

On 3/28/2021 at 9:11 AM, JakenWu said:

Is it possible that it has something to do with this? 

No, this wouldn't cause black squares, it's a missing 3D object for the roads.

On 3/28/2021 at 9:16 AM, JakenWu said:

Also, I found out from another post that there might be conflict with Oregon TE and Washington TE. Could this 1024 and 2048 chars cause a problem?

No, these are HD/SD textures for the POI objects and nothing to do with the terrain/black squares

I see 2 possible causes:

1) Corrupt install. These look like single DDS tiles that are missing or corrupt (due to their size and dimensions). It does look like a corrupt install, but the odd thing is nothing is showing in the log that would indicate they were corrupt. 

2) Do the tiles eventually load or vary at random? If so, then it's not likely to be a corrupt install but rather a driver/disk problem. Black tiles can appear when XP can't load or find a texture.. 

I'm leaning more towards a corrupted install or DDS tiles that failed to convert. As Jon has suggested, you may need to do a complete wipe and reinstall of the scenery, including deleting the temp folder and backup file as instructed.

Archived