Tenerife Island/ GCTS Default Texture Issue

Please attach (not a photo) your scenery_packs.ini. Thanks

It may well be a layering issue in your scenry_packs.

I will adjust the scenery_pack as required.

If that does not rectify the situation then you will need to ask Digital Design as it is their product.

10 hours ago, francesco ripandelli said:

i have the same problem... some help? her is my scenery pack ini:

scenery_packs.ini 4.48 kB · 0 downloads

Looking at your scenery_packs I see no entry for GCTS airport, only the Mesh.

I would try an uninstall and reinstall

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/aaa_Boundless_EGSS_Airport/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/EBBR_JustSim_2.0/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Origami_Gatwick_Airport_EGKK_v1.0/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Digital_Design_A_LFLL_Lyon_Roads/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Digital_Design_LFLL_Lyon/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft_EDDF_1_Parked_Cars/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft_EDDF_2_Roads/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft_EDDF_3_Scenery/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/FSDG-Mayotte_Pamandzi_XP/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Seychelles4XPlane - Additions/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Seychelles4XPlane - Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Seychelles4XPlane - Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Digital_Design_GCTS_Tenerife_v2_Mesh/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Digital_Design_LFLL_Lyon_Z_Terrain/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Seychelles4XPlane - Terrain/

so the problem was the airport of Tenerife sud... I did a clean install of both and I followed the instructions for making the airport works with the main scenery of the island but still same problem.

as the instructions said I delated the folder of digital design Tenerife v2 mesh and I put the two folders in costume scenery but there were already 2 folders with the same name...so I said to the computer to replace them with the new ones... but didn't work. maybe I had to merge the new files with the previews ones?

now I am doing a new clean installation.. getting a bit stressed out :)

There is obviously an installation problem your end. It is not a product problem otherwise the forum would be full of reports like yours. You say you "deleted" the mesh part of Tenerife. I hope you mean you used Orbx Central to Uninstall . Deleting is not the correct way to do it as it will not remove all the data from that file. You have 2 entries for the same folder because an uninstall was not done.

Are you installing onto the same drive as XP is installed or are you installing into a library?

here there is my new scenery pack ini. Canary Islands work. but if I try to follow the installation guide to make the airport of Tenerife sud compatible.. it doesn't work.

in the instructions they say that I have to do this: For compatibility with Orbx Canary, copy files from folder "Orbx TE Canary" in X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery and remove folder "Digital Design GCTS Tenerife v2 Mesh".

the problems are this:

inside the folder Orbx TE Canary there're two files (digital design gcts Tenerife v2 and Orbx c eu Spain canary..E_orthos). Inside the costume scenery folder there are already two files with the same name (this is not because of a wrong  uninstall but because when Orbx installed the scenery he installed this two folders together with others). Since I can't have two files with the same name my pc asked me if I wanted to replace them with the new ones or to merge them, I said to replace but it didn't worked. my question is: did I had to merge them?

and finally the instructions said that I had to remove the folder Digital Design GCTS Tenerife v2 Mesh... I did it by simply dropping it into the bin... you are telling me that I have to do something from the Orbx application?

The scenery is installed onto the same drive of Plane.

(now I don't have installed the airport... hoping to have some clear guidance on how to make it compatible)

thanks

scenery_packs.ini

@francesco ripandelli  --  As I also have Digital Design GCTS - Tenerife, maybe I can be of some help.

First, do as the "Read Me" file instructs re old versions of Digital GCTS.

Now, as you have the payware Orbx Canaries A-B-C folders and the "Orbx_A_EU_Spain_Canaries_TE_Airports" folder already installed,

open up the payware "Digital Design GCTS_Tenerife v2_ORBX TE Canary Islands" folder and copy and paste the "Digital Design GCTS Tenerife v2" folder into your "Custom Scenery" folder.

Copy the "Orbx_C_EU_Spain_Canaries_TE_Orthos" folder and paste into your "Custom Scenery" folder selecting "Replace" when instructed.

Start XP

Your "scenery_packs" ini file should be layered in the order somewhat like the following.

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Digital Design GCTS Tenerife v2/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EU_Spain_Canaries_TE_Airports/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EU_Spain_Canaries_TE_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_EU_Spain_Canaries_TE_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_EU_Spain_Canaries_TE_Orthos/

and hopefully, "GCTS - Tenerife" should now look something like the attached screenshots.

X-Plane 2021-03-26 05-33-50.jpg

X-Plane 2021-03-26 05-34-17.jpg

On 3/24/2021 at 1:40 PM, Jon Clarke said:

Please attach (not a photo) your scenery_packs.ini. Thanks

It may well be a layering issue in your scenry_packs.

I will adjust the scenery_pack as required.

If that does not rectify the situation then you will need to ask Digital Design as it is their product.

Thank you Sir, appreciate it

scenery_packs.ini

9 hours ago, Sentry11 said:

@Captjames748  --  This "SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Digital_Design_GCTS_Tenerife_v2_Mesh/" is for the default MESH. You don't require this as you already have Orbx for the Canaries installed. See above. Also I did a little surgery on your "scenery_packs" ini file and Jon may want to layer it further when he comes on.

scenery_packs.ini 19.8 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks for your help, however I now have a floating airport and taxiway/runway signs. 

C510_Mustang - 2021-03-27 09.33.36.png

Well that's a corker. Could you attach your log.txt and scenery_packs ini files? Do you have "Runways follow terrain contours" checked?

If "Digital_Design_GCTS_Tenerife_v2" and the Orbx Canaries were installed correctly it should look something like the attached.

X-Plane 2021-03-27 11-54-32.jpg

X-Plane 2021-03-27 11-54-54.jpg

On 3/27/2021 at 6:14 PM, Sentry11 said:

Well that's a corker. Could you attach your log.txt and scenery_packs ini files? Do you have "Runways follow terrain contours" checked?

If "Digital_Design_GCTS_Tenerife_v2" and the Orbx Canaries were installed correctly it should look something like the attached.

X-Plane 2021-03-27 11-54-32.jpg

X-Plane 2021-03-27 11-54-54.jpg

Apologies for the delay, been at work! 

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

@Captjames748  --  The log.txt you attached, is not a complete log, it doesn't show XP loading the sceneries and other required info.

When the log was generated, did XP crash?

If "Runways follows terrain contours" was checked, and you are still having problems with elevated buildings and taxiways then Digital GCTS - Tenerife may have been installed incorrectly and you may have to do a clean reinstall of "Digital Design GCTS Tenerife v2".

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 1:51 PM, Captjames748 said:

Good news! I discovered the compatibility patches and solved the issue!  Thank you for your efforts! 

What patches? I'm considering getting the Canary Islands for XP, but I want to ensure that all freeware airports or payware airports are compatible before I buy.

Thanks.

Jose

Archived