50/50

rick66

I joined VOZ in 2004 and then Orbx in 2006 as a customer and foundation member when John Venema announced on the VOZ forums that he was going commercial. The community was stoked and i looked forward to see what was coming in the future. I have been a proud customer of Orbx for 21 years and spent exactly $2,221.99 Since 2014, I have no records beyond this but i doubt it's way more with the FS Store.

On friday night due to an oversight i made, Went and purchased a 3rd party product for MSFS2020, Orbx central was loaded into my P3d settings and i made the purchase like normal and didn't give it a second thought. Orbx central downloads and installs automatically( I know i have the choice to switch it to manual) And after dinner i realised the mistake and sent a support ticket and deleted the scenery.

Unfortunately i am not entitled to have this airport swapped over to MSFS because of my mistake. The airport costs the same regardless of which sim you buy it for. I've decided to not deal with Orbx from this day forward because there is no loyalty returned to customers. I feel i have been labelled as a criminal or potential software pirate because the backend server shows i've already installed it! Make sure you double check your settings.

That doesn't sound like the support I regularly see in these forums, where honest mistakes are regularly refunded or swapped. 

You mention third party product. Perhaps the rules are different? It might be worth reaching out to Nick Cooper to see if there's something more that can be done. 

Archived