Future London City Updates. Suggestions Please

I live in London and travelled many locations in London.  Since the UK update, there are many scenery updates to London, buildings, palaces, structures, stadiums, bridges, boats, et.  So maybe this post would help Orbx to come up with updates to enhance London scenery a bit more, probably not the next update, but later ones.  A few suggestions may help, although Orbx may already have plans? I have been all over central London on the drone to see what I can spot.  Here goes. I noticed a few Photogeommetry buildings in Canary Wharf that need replacing, being close to my Orbx City Airport these are quite important.  I did prefer Orbx creations of Canary Wharf.  Greenwich Maritime buildings are superb, but what about the Royal Observatory?  The Cutty Sark clipper ship in Greenwich looks a bit of a mess in PhotoGM? Greenwich piers with a boat, and other Thames Piers?  County Hall next to the London Eye?  Maybe some mainline railway stations? Battersea Power station and adjoining apartments not looking that good in PhotoGM, it was better before the upgrade? London hospitals with heli-pads, ready for Helicopters?  Just a few I can think of.  I encourage others to put in suggestions, so please keep this post active for awhile, thanks.     

Hi there,

thanks for the feedback, we're already hard at work as mentioned here: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/205264-compatibility-of-orbx-landmarks-london-city-pack-with-microsoft-world-update-united-kingdom/

For suggestions please see https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/205283-ideas-for-landmarks-london-following-msfs2020-uk-update/

Not sure though what's supposed to be wrong with the Cutty Sark in glorious photogrammetry or HMS Belfast as two shiny new superyachts...  :rolleyes:

Cheers, Holger

WU 3 - London PG - Cutty Sark ar Greenwich.jpg

A lot of their errors really are bizarrely random. You can see on the left of that screengrab the glass dome that is the top of a foot tunnel that crosses under the Thames. They get that right but not the famous sailing ship towering over it. And why would they model roughly 1/4 of the O2 cable car system and leave the rest? And why do a decent job of rendering Crystal Palace park, including the athletics stadium and not put in the gigantic TV antenna that is the main feature of the park? Weird.

I’m just baffled by the obsession with 10 story trees absolutely everywhere in MSFS London. I mean yes, we all love our trees but just take a look at more representative Google Earth side by side with the World Update loading page and it’s bizarre. At the end of the day, we’re still living in a concrete jungle not an evergreen one.

Archived