Terrible bridge lighting Orbx TE South

flyinggizmo

The Severn Bridge lighting with TE South is a problem. As seen in the attached ( 3+4 ) pics it's ridiculously bright green and can be seen from probably 50 miles away.

Pictures ( 1+2 ) are the same bridge with default xPlane 11 scenery.

Is there a way to correct this myself or would it require Orbx's attention?

Thanks ......

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

@Jon Clarke-  I note that you are about 32 miles north from these two bridges, and no doubt you have crossed them on many occasions, even at night, and I'm asking if the spill lights on the "Second Severn Bridge's" suspension pillars are really green? I'm asking because I searched the net and could not find any decent night photos of either of these two bridges.

Attached are screenshot of both bridges with toned down, and re-jiggered night lighting.

X-Plane 2021-01-26 06-30-35.jpg

X-Plane 2021-01-26 06-35-15.jpg

@Sentry11 No, the bridge hasn't got any additional lighting ( especially not green! ) over and above the normal road lights.

It really ruins an otherwise excellent scenery from Orbx and can be seen on a clear night from a ridiculous distance away.

You've done a good job of toning it down though. Was it a difficult process to get it looking like that?

Cheers ..... FGiz.

Brilliant job @Sentry11 !

I live near Cardiff airport so as you can imagine I fly over that area quite a lot in real life & the sim.

It's bugged me ever since I purchased TE South just after release but this will look great.

Hopefully Jon can get it approved and thanks again for the great work!

Cheers ...... FGiz.

Yes! I'm so glad this has been brought back up! The first Severn Bridge is brill, The lighting on the second Severn Bridge is also great apart from the (very) bright green lights. Having been over it at night many times i can tell you there is zero green lights on the bridge.

Archived