White areas instead of Orbx airfields

Chann

1 minute ago, wain71 said:

where are these shots? Orbx has snow in certain areas between specific dates unless you have TE installed, also some airports DON'T do snow....

This is southern UK, I have True earth installed.  Airports are listed in the above graphic.

Any ideas?

True Earth is only summer, so you have to put each one of your England airports in summer mode too.

Not sure if in Central each airport has in the control panel an option to set it as summer you may check while Nick replies as stated by Wain

If I find the post I'll paste it here

PS you can also select summer in your sim so all airports will match True Earth season

Cheers

Carlos

59 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

True Earth is only summer, so you have to put each one of your England airports in summer mode too.

Not sure if in Central each airport has in the control panel an option to set it as summer you may check while Nick replies as stated by Wain

If I find the post I'll paste it here

PS you can also select summer in your sim so all airports will match True Earth season

Cheers

Carlos

Thank you

I cannot see options to put the airports into summer mode.  For now I have uninstalled TE.

Hello,

the airports change to lying snow in "hard winter".

This is to allow for the idea created by Microsoft that the UK is white in January and February.

I can't find my post either, bit it is around 67 years since the whole of the UK was snow covered,

here is one interesting article:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/learn-about/weather/case-studies/severe-winters

As stated, the True Earth products do not change to white in "Hard Winter" but then nor does the real world.

The easiest way to more closely replicate the real world is to set the simulator back to December or forward

to March and all the textures will then match.

Otherwise, you can keep the two airports developed for Orbx by Gaya, EGNX and EGPH, because they do not

have the white seasonal ground textures.

13 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the airports change to lying snow in "hard winter".

This is to allow for the idea created by Microsoft that the UK is white in January and February.

I can't find my post either, bit it is around 67 years since the whole of the UK was snow covered,

here is one interesting article:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/learn-about/weather/case-studies/severe-winters

As stated, the True Earth products do not change to white in "Hard Winter" but then nor does the real world.

The easiest way to more closely replicate the real world is to set the simulator back to December or forward

to March and all the textures will then match.

Otherwise, you can keep the two airports developed for Orbx by Gaya, EGNX and EGPH, because they do not

have the white seasonal ground textures.

Thanks Nick

I have currently uninstalled TE for GB south, probably a backward step but at present I am conducting mainly IFR flying and the EU regions are good for that.

Thank you

Archived