LWSK Skopje Int. freeware at Orbx central

The name of the airport is not "Alexander the Great" anymore. In February 2018, "Alexander the Great" was dropped from the airport's name in a move to improve relations with Greece following the Prespa agreement. The correct name today is Skopje International Airport.

as this seems to be a newly created scenery, i would also welcome to have the real airport name showing up, and not something which is from before 2018 ... Evenmore when this could be taken by people as "intented political statement" in the name of Orbx?

hi everybody,

from my side, being an old customer of Orbx who owns ... almost everything and targeting to everything,

i would like to ask the airport name to be corrected to the right one. being innocent, i think the "developer" who gave the airport to Orbx to deliver it for "free", had an old photo, was never there and had no relation to any international political games played. here, i think the majority, wants to play flight simulator games far from politics and as close as possible to the real life. and real life says the airport's name is skopje international airport.

of course, anybody who wants to use Great Alexander's name, would be kindly asked to extend the airspace of greece (or macedonia if you prefer) till the far east india :):):)

thank you !!

Thank you Teo Gerovski !It is a great work ! I took a short flight from LDDU to LWSK. Regarding the approach procedure of LWSK in the navigation data of fslabs, the mandatory height of the last few points seems to be incorrect, which makes it impossible to display the T/D correctly. After flying over the airport VOR, manual flight is required.

The production of the airport conforms to the usual Orbx style, but there are some problems.

1. In the normal GS approch, the indication of PAPI light is high (3 white and 1 red)

2. There is no configuration tool in the airport, 3D grass cannot be disabled, and dynamic human beings dispensable on the tarmac cannot be shielded. This caused a certain FPS drop (caused by the Orbx library) when flying over the airport in the air.

I don't know if the author will continue to optimize it. After all, it is a free product. 

Thank you Teo Gerovski again.

Thanks to everyone guys.

I really apologize, I totally forgot to place the new files with the new name, I really apologize about that, I don't plan to include any political statements here and so on..I will have a talk with some of the Senior Staff about an update for that.

@cdv0007thank you so much for your video and your comments.

As I said above, the update is coming, and I forgot to send the files to the Senior Staff to update the name, happens sometimes, my fault :)

I'm here to create (at least to try) a good scenery, taking the politics to the side.There is no matter to do that in purpose, because I don't have any profit.I try to create the scenery as real as I can, so if the airport name in real-life is Skopje International Airport, in the simulator will be the same, so I apologize once again :)

• Ed Correia locked this topic
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived