EGNT and EGNM crash to desktop

Hi all,

I'm getting a crash to desktop when being near EGNT or EGNM in the latest version of MSFS 2020. This happens when either approaching from another area, or trying to take off from the airports.

I emptied the Community folder, tried a flight in/around EGNT/EGNM and all was well.

I moved EGNT back in to the Community folder and it crashed to desktop when trying to take off, so I can be sure it's the add-in itself causing the issue. I've checked Orbx Central and there are no updates for it, so I have the current version. I tried the same with EGNM (emptied community folder, added back EGNM) and get the crash again.

These both worked fine with the 2020 prior to the latest "VR Update".

I also have Orbx EGLC and that seems to work fine.

Any ideas?

Hello,

these kinds of "it was alright before the update" questions are hard to answer, when the

same update has not had the same effect, as is the case here.

I am able to load at both airports without any problems.

I far more likely suspect might be one or more of the hundreds of freeware "mods" that

have become available, including aircraft textures, could that be the case for you?

In particular, have you altered or added to any of the files in the Official folder?

Hi Nick. I did have some earlier mods, but emptied them all from the Community folder to make sure none of those were the culprit.

To confirm, the issue with those two airports arises when each one of those is the only thing in the Community folder at the time of testing. Removing each one removes the problem. Adding them back in one at a time causes the problem again. That seems to isolate the issue to the add-ons themselves.

The only folder I ever make changes to is the Community folder.

Is there anything in EGNT/EGNM that's not in EGLC? I know all the scenery files themselves will obviously be different, but are there are objects etc unique to the first two?

Once again, I cannot replicate the problem, I have them both in the Community folder, along with everything

else that Orbx Central can provide and each one is working as it should.

Have you added any aircraft liveries, I am using just the standard blue DA 62.

Did you buy MSFS from the Microsoft Store?

Nothing to do with this, but I notice that Asobo have added one of their hundreds or maybe thousands of new mesh anomalies near to EGNM.:(

1.jpg

I just ran a test flight at each airport out to at least 15 miles in each direction and back and I didn't have any problems.

Why you are having problems is a mystery, I doubt it's the airports or we'd be seeing it too.

Might be an idea to delete your rolling cache and your Content.xml file just in case there's a leftover thing MSFS is trying to pick up.

And as Nick says liveries have also been shown to be a problem.

Thanks for the replies. I've removed all liveries, in fact I've removed everything that isn't the core sim.

I purchased these direct from Orbx and have installed using Orbx Central.

I shall try deleting the cache and xml and will let you know.

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Nothing to do with this, but I notice that Asobo have added one of their hundreds or maybe thousands of new mesh anomalies near to EGNM.:(

You need this Nick. Works just fine and removes the glitches and "Devil's Towers" and spikes in the landscape.

https://flightsim.to/file/5167/scenery-glitch-fixes-for-update-1-12-13-0

Archived