XP: La Palma

TigerTigerM

After obtaining a new external SSD & loading Orbx libraries, SAM  & the Canary Islands, ie, a bare bones XP11 install,  I took an MD-82 out of GCLA for a look around & test landing.

In my haste I didn't even get an appropriate livery.

I forgot how quick & slippery the MD-82 is & that the XP11 keyboard controls are quite different to MSFS & P3D!

So I was frantically trying to find the speed brake key as we shot down the runway at 100' or so. As evidenced by the screen grabs below.

I think I will take something more mellow out for the next look around.:)

So far, from what I have seen in a somewhat distracted fashion, it looks to have been very nicely put together.

TTM

(XP11.05)

(XP11 flyers - what program should I look at for Live Weather, or Created Weather?)

Took off ok after pressing the wrong key combo & shutting the engines down a couple of times. I need to look at the mappings.

xp-1.jpg

Swinging back around to attempt a landing.

xp-2.jpg

The 'attempted' landing. (I am glad the 2 wind turbines are there. Had they not been I probably would have passed on this offering. 

Which suggests a certain fixation with 'distinguishing' landmarks.)

xp-3.jpg

Full throttle, gear & flaps up & climb over the ridge. It was at this point I found that I was opening the speed brakes when I thought I was shutting them.

xp-4.jpg

Archived