ATC Parking issues LOWG and LOWS

Hi!

I have newly bought the scenery for Graz (LOWG) and Saltzburg (LOWS).

Very fine sceneries. I have found two small issues regarding ATC parking positions though:

LOWG: It is only possible to select GA-parkings although normaly when I fly the A320 its possible at most MSFS airports to select GATE. Does Graz airport only have parkings for GA?

LOWS: Here its not possible to select any parking position via ATC at all although almost all parking positions are empty. Why?

Any clues to why?

Best regards

Jan Jönsson

I was just about to ask the same question as I have the same problem.  I landed at LOWS for the first time but I don't have a taxi to gate option at all in my ATC communications.

I then started a flight at LOWS and the same thing, I can request a jetway connection in the menu which obviously doesn't work as there are no jetways (I assume there are in the default) but I would think I can get a ramp connected as I can see them parked on the apron but that option is not in the menu as the default ramps are not there, only static ones which are clearly part of the scenery rather than useable.

I loaded up LOWG next and there the in game ramp is on the apron and can be connected.  This really needs fixing in as otherwise these airports are not really useable for airliners, at least provide standard ramps if the custom ones can't be made to work please.  As to whether LOWG also has the taxi to gate issue after landing I can't confirm but I assume the OP is correct given the other issues.

Thx

On 12/31/2020 at 7:40 AM, stefaandk said:

I was just about to ask the same question as I have the same problem.  I landed at LOWS for the first time but I don't have a taxi to gate option at all in my ATC communications.

I then started a flight at LOWS and the same thing, I can request a jetway connection in the menu which obviously doesn't work as there are no jetways (I assume there are in the default) but I would think I can get a ramp connected as I can see them parked on the apron but that option is not in the menu as the default ramps are not there, only static ones which are clearly part of the scenery rather than useable.

I loaded up LOWG next and there the in game ramp is on the apron and can be connected.  This really needs fixing in as otherwise these airports are not really useable for airliners, at least provide standard ramps if the custom ones can't be made to work please.  As to whether LOWG also has the taxi to gate issue after landing I can't confirm but I assume the OP is correct given the other issues.

Thx

You are mixing things up. An airport ramp is an area, where aircraft are parked.

Sure ramp may be used to point to areas in an airport but that wouldn't be its first use in the King's English.  It's certainly a noun that is used to point to the set of stairs that can be connected to the plane.  It's also the noun used when communicating with ground control.

FYI the dictionary definition;

a sloping surface connecting two levels; incline.
a short concave slope or bend, as one connecting the higher and lower parts of a staircase railing at a landing.
any extensive sloping walk or passageway.

In any case I can't get anything connected to my plane in the LOWS scenery which is an issue.

21 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

LOWS is not an Orbx product.

Hi!

In the Orbx Store App it is stated that Support for LOWS is on "the Orbx Community Forum". It would be good if it is clearly stated that support for a product bought through Orbx is given elsewhere.

Best regards

Jan

Every product has a Support tab on its Orbx Central page and in every case, clicking

on that support tab takes the customer to the correct place for that product's support.

In the case of LOWS, if you click on the link instead of merely reading it, you are taken here.

http://forum.simrussia.com/index.php?/forum/199-english-speaking-community/

Additionally, each product page in Orbx Direct has a notification that product support is

by its developer and a link to that developer's support.

Archived