Downloading issue

12c302ad296a0702033440a00b8a1325?size=40&default=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.zendesk.com%2Fimages%2F2016%2Fdefault-avatar-80.png&r=g

L Lewis93

Nov 28, 2020, 1:19 AM GMT+11

I have just purchased 4 airports from Orbx Central and I am having trouble downloading in Orbx Central. It says that the download/installation has "connection interrupted, retrying", it has been like this now for 2 hours and I have checked my internet connection (OK). So it would appear to be your end or somewhere in between. I am concerned that I will lose the software.

Attachment(s)
central.log

central.log

You are not alone, Les. Tried downloading EFHK (P3D5) since yesterday more than a dozen times; mostly starts about 10MB/sec and later goes down to historical analog speed around 200 kB with multiple disconnections. That has never happened before, and I love Central for its otherwise great performance.

You won't lose the software and it is configured to resume without re-downloading.   It's possible it's the Orbx servers, but historically slow downloads with OC have been in the pipeline somewhere.

If the servers reach their bandwidth limit (due to extra sales activity maybe?) then I would imaging the severs act a bit like a congested CPU or a freeway that has reached its limit of vehicles, until the pressure is off, the whole thing slows down.

As a test I'm just downloading a 1.3GB file using OC and it's coming down at 3-5 MB/s without slowing down, so my guess is the problem is a regonal internet one outside Orbx's control.

3 minutes ago, Andydigital said:

Yes it's getting to be 1990's internet slow at the moment with Orbx, it defo not me, I just updated P3d5 with a fresh 22Gb download in 7.5 minutes.

By the way @John Dow 3 to 5 Mb a sec is slow these days, normally a 2Gb download takes me 45 seconds, i'm getting less than 1 megabyte a second at the moment.

My line speed is 50Mbps so anything over 5MB/s is right up there

1 hour ago, Andydigital said:

Mine with do 50 Megabytes (not bits) a second maxed out, which it did constantly for the whole 22+Gb from Lockheed, Orbx isn't getting over 3 megabytes a second at the moment.

That's an impressive 400 Mbps connection.

You are very fortunate to have such a thing.

Archived