Installing Carenado aircraft in V5

have just reinstalled V5.1H1 and reinstalled a few Carenado aircraft - all of which result in a cockpit

like the Screen shots - ie cockpit walls missing

Never had this happen before and installs in First V5 where OK - as are all Carenado installs via just flight

Any suggestions welcome before I need to drag out a support ticket on Just flight

Screenshot 2020-11-24 160122.jpg

Screenshot 2020-11-24 160242.jpg

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hi Nick 

thanks for that but I did know about it from way back -in fact I did publish it sometime after V5 first came out

Tried the patch anyway but nothing changed

maybe i did't follow the approved way - I think I know what I did wrong - i'll uninstall all the A;c and start again

tomorrow - today - way past my bedtime

BTW 1st op went great - better than 20/20 in the eye ----another next thurs 5th

Ho Hum!!

when installing carenado into v5 you have to click p3d, then v4, then browse and find root folder for v5, it will install and work....never had any type of patch myself....I am just reinstalling everything into v5.1 as I had a PC malfunction, will let you know how it goes....

I had this problem when first installing Carenado aircraft into v5, but solved it just as Wayne describes above. For me, it proved vital to select v4 option in the installer, and then browse to the P3Dv5 folder. Doing this, installations have worked in every case.

I now have several of each of the Carenado and Alabeo ranges displaying and functioning normally in P3Dv5.1 HF1.

Charles

Had to take some opportunity to thank Nick for his clear P3Dv5 update instructions of May 1st

Poppet used to do the same business on the Avsim board

Just done an update from v5 to v5.1 hf1

All good

All Carenado’s working 

Flight1 GTN 750/650 working 

Appear to have all my Addons inside the P3Dv5 folder and in the Documents/P3Dv5 Addons folder present and correct

Whew-looking good so far!

Thanks again Nick

xxd09

14 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello John,

I have installed one and it does indeed look as if the update to P3D has broken it.

Carenado will be pleased.

Very good news about your eye, good luck for the next one.:smile:

Well I did follow the V4 /V5 instruction and it worked so far on 3 re-installs 

I kick my self since I placed that trick on here in may:banghead:

I have installed all my add-on aircraft (including Carenado and Alabeo, plus over ninety freeware downloads) into a completely separate folder from P3D, and referenced them through .xml files. This prevents them from overwriting core P3D files, which could be the case here. ALL my add-on aircraft work as expected. Plus I can 'turn them off' in the add-on menu, and use the same aircraft files for P3D v4 and v5 without wasting hard drive space with duplicates.

There is a guide here https://www.nzfsim.org/fsx-p3d-tweaks/add-ons-outside-p3d-root/

I used the template for the folder structure, and then added the add-ons as 'packages' using the free Lorby tool. It's easy, quick and completely reliable. Most importantly it keeps your P3D installation clean. When I reinstalled P3D v5 to update to 5.1 HF1 it took no effort at all. No reinstalling add-ons. Just keep a copy of the add-on.xml file in case it gets overwritten, and P3D loaded straight up with everything working from a complete uninstall / reinstall.

Using this method, I had all my Carenado aircraft working properly in v5 without the patch, but I have now installed it.

I know a lot of people seem to be resistant to using the .xml add-on method, but I find it to be really effective and reliable. I've installed all sorts of weird and wonderful free add-on aircraft, and I can try them out without risking messing up my installation of P3D. If one does cause a problem (and so far only two have, in both cases something in the VC causing a sim crash), or it's just not very good, I can remove the package in Lorby, delete the folder and forget it ever happened. Not one Lockheed Martin file has changed, and the add-ons never try to overwrite each other. LM recommend this method for a reason. It also works with freeware add-on scenery but takes a little more tinkering. My greatest triumph is getting the complete Global AI Ships package to install as a selectable .xml add-on.

In the midst of all the above - I came across the dreaded 'you have to many Installs" etc

For once I got a little upset and mailed Carenado re the many updates of v4 and v5 and the need to 

reinstall

I got this back which might be info to others who like to download each time to get the latest update

"'Greetings,

There is no expiration on downloads, but you ran out of installations, which we just reset, please try again.

Regards,

and they worked !:)

Archived