Scenery layers in P3DV5.1 HF1

h0155apd

Dear Team,

I reconnized, that Orbx Central change the order of the sceneries agaist the choosen insertation point:

All Orbx are on the right place (under my different Aiport Sceneries), but in the attached screenshot you see, that some Orbx products now on top or in the near of top.

Can I change that, so that all Orbx products under my airports (like in the past)?

Thanks.

Best regards

Oliver

orbx.jpg

Just to add to this thread. I too am getting the same. The exact same Orbx entries are now on top of my list as well, above all my third party airports. Insertion Point is the bottom Third party airport so I would expect to see all Orbx products below this, but not the case anymore. I've not seen any documentation to inform users of the change.

P3Dv5.1 running under Windows 10

I too am confused. I enclose my order after a complete reinstall of all my addons including Orbx and my 3rd. party airports. I just want to check that the list is OK. You will note that the principle order I was taught to follow:

Airports                            Default

Libraries                           Vector

Regions                            Base files

Open LC                          

Global Base

Meshes

...has not been strictly followed here. For example Fly-Tampa Copenhagen is split and in among the default airports. The Vector files are split further down and then there is a spit group of Orbx files right down at the bottom of the list. I would be grateful for comments. It would be easy to rearange the list in the AO manager but I need to know if this is advisable. At the moment I have long loading times when starting the sim and have to disable Vector before loading a flight plan into the Flightplanner, otherwise this can take up to 7 minutes. Nick Cooper gave me this advice and it does save time.

John McWilliam

AOM1.JPG

AOM2.JPG

AOM3.JPG

AOM4.JPG

FWIW I don't have a "correct" layering of scenery in Addon Organizer, either. I think (hope) Orbx Insertion Point Tool has a method to its madness. However, since a complete reinstall on a clean OS with HF1, starting with Orbx products only, I have odd drop-offs at the ends of runways, even default ones. And I don't have seasons in England EU.

Easily Baffled Bear

Hi

Please post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5.
Please note: Do not open the files and copy and paste the contents, just attach the files.

Sorry, I have no use for the Lorby tool and have no idea how to use or advise on it.

Here are mine. I have more than one problem. No seasons except summer in England EU, HD Trees don't look right, and drop-offs at the ends of runways (both default and add-on) after P3D.5.1 HF clean install (which might be a LM issue that affects others who made a clean install, rather than update. Please double-check to make sure my levels aren't messed up.

scenery.cfg add-ons.cfg scenery_add-ons.xml

"Sorry, I have no use for the Lorby tool and have no idea how to use or advise on it. "

This has nothing to do with Lorby. The attached list just shows my order (disorder) of scenery layers and I would like to here your comments. I could have taken a snipped of the scenery list in P3D and it would have been the same. The green items are the important files with addon-xml's (all the Orbx files). Pink are P3D default files. For example Fly-Tampa Copenhagen is split and in among the default airports. I believe airports should be at the top of the list as mentioned above. The Vector files are split further down and then there is a spit group of Orbx files right down at the bottom of the list. Should I move the split groups together and are the groups of Orbx files in optimal positions in the list. Should the FlyTampa-Copenhagen group be moved to the top of the list since airports are supposed come first. I look forward to hearing from you.

John McWilliam

add-ons.cfg scenery.cfg scenery_add-ons.xml

Archived