Wll all Orbx MSFS sceneries find their way to the Marketplace?

I wonder if some MSFS products of yours might not come to the MSFS Marketplace for some reason or another. I'm asking because I was waiting for Sidney Cityscape and Graz to appear there. Now Notodden and Gothenburg, both of which were released at a later date, have been added to the Marketplace.

Please don't think I'm impatient - I can wait (hell, there are more than enough other places to be discovered in this amazing platform). It is just a principal question.

The appearance of Orbx addons in the Marketplace is purely an issue for Asobo to attend to. They govern that aspect.

I am unsure though why you would not want to buy it now from Orbx and receive full support rather than wait for the Marketplace to be updated.

It is a bit like having Aldi and Lidl next to each other and Aldi has in stock what you want to buy but you are waiting for Lidl to get stock in.

I think its is appealing for a lot of people to have all their addons bought, managed and updated in one place - especially if this place is the game itself. However, Orbx direct is really well designed and you have to wait quite some time for products showing up or getting updated in the marketplace

To give you an explanation: I'm a very casual flyer and I use my computer for a thousand other things. In P3D times my system filled up with more and more external programs and I needed more and more time to keep them up to date before starting the sim. As a casual I wanna fly not administer. The more external programs I had the less I was using P3D, the more I was using DCS (which has no external programs).

MSFS is not only amazing for its total coverage but also for what it provides out-of-the-box. I'm not very demanding - what this platform already brings along with RT weather, traffic, ATC, map and planning tools is all I need. So I'm quite determined not to use external programs anymore. Actually so determined that I again paid the full price for Orcas, Innsbruck and Darrington thus waiving Orbx' generous discount offer (and I will do that for upcoming Concrete again).

Anyways, Graz has appeared on the Marketplace yesterday (I bought it along with Dundee). I'm quite relieved that all of Orbx' MSFS products will eventually show up in the Marketplace, given enough time. No problem - I'm a patient guy.

We submit all scenery to the Marketplace and usually the main reason for delay is localisation. This is where they translate the product text to numerous languages.

With regards to Sydney, the issue is with the large ortho file size as their ingestion system cannot handle files larger than 4GB. A workaround is being tested. 

Archived