Blurry textures on grass airfields (like EGHA Compton)

YoYo

I know, its P3Dv5.1 problem still :huh: (or I think it is) but is it any solution for this blurriers on grass airfields for P3Dv5?

Here is example from EGHA but I noticed the same blurries in many places if airfield has grass.

GW82yQA.jpg

qUHlAys.jpg

xAPawAA.jpg

I have still DETAIL_TEXTURE=1 in [TERRAIN] .

In P3Dv4.5 was ok with this.

Any ideas or it cant be solved? 

22 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I find that applying the Drzewiecki Design replacement summer grass textures goes a long way towards improving the look.

Thx Nick,

I added it, the DD's "background" helps a little but digits looks terrible still:

TRX1Ewm.jpg

Any other solution? I know, now its the fashion for MSFS but I like still P3Dv5 (I fly VR only so P3Dv5 still).

It could be P3Dv5 problem also. From product page and (P3Dv4 perhaps):

580ac97dd13d1.jpg

How did you apply the Drzewiecki Design grass to P3D v5? I downloaded v2.5 from DD's (old?) website, which has an installer for P3D v4, but not for v5. I ran it on my v4 installation anyway in the hope I'd be able to copy the files from the folder shown in the installation path, but there is no way of knowing which of the 16,082 files in that folder were changed.

Edit - belay that! By sorting by 'date created', I have located the files. I'll move them to a safe place and try 'installing' them into v5 as an xml add-on package so I don't have to overwrite anything in my installation.

Hello,

there is a very easy workaround.

Open the installer, select a simulator that you do not have, P3D v2 would be a good choice.

It will tell you that it cannot find it and give you the choice to manually point it at the folder.

Do so, but of course at your P3D v5 folder and let the installer run.

Aha. I didn't know that. That's a much neater idea. I'll do it now. Is there any point trying to keep my v5 folder 'clean', or shall I just install it in there and forget about it?

Again answering my own question, the installer will only let me point at a P3D folder, so I couldn't make it into an optional package anyway. At least not easily. However, the more difficult things are, the more determined it makes me to get it working. I tricked the installer and now have the file I require.

Yup, I got it. There's an 'instructions' PDF as well, but Acrobat is misbehaving and I can't open it at the moment. I'm loading P3D v5 right now.

...and it does work if you convert it into an XML add-on package. Slightly pointless, but I like the option to turn it off if I don't like it.

Archived