Street Lights too red

12 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

What's your Saturation level under Graphics>Lighting? Any shader mods being used?

I don‘t use HDR.

I do however use envshade. Will try with default shaders, maybe it‘s indeed a shader thing. As I said, I‘m not sure this is Orbx related :) 

Thanks

2 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Here's how it looks here, Germany South & North installed and no 3rd party shaders/other products.

Maybe delete your shader folder and let them rebuild? Do you have Black Marble or other products installed in the area?

Thanks Ed. I tried with default shaders (deleted folder, verified default shaders), but here's how that looks. No Black Marble or anything. 

It's mainly the bigger roads/highways that are just too orange/red. And I only have this in Europe. 

Will investigate further, seems to be a strange one....

G45rv14.jpg

Hello,

there is undoubtedly something else at work.

I would suspect that whatever you did to your shaders is still having an effect.

Here is your shot replicated:

The images are being blurred by the forum. Please click on them to see the original

2020-11-17_8-30-47-303.jpg

and here is a better approximation with saturation at 2.00

2020-11-17_8-32-6-899.jpg

No matter how low I put the settings, I am unable to replicate your complete lack of street lighting on the red major roads.

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

I would suspect that whatever you did to your shaders is still having an effect.

I honestly did nothing special to my shaders, other than envshade. But even with standard shaders (as described above) it is this way. I tried every combination of default and add-on shaders/textures, I also switched the "new technique night lighting" on and off. No effect.
I don't understand how this is affected by shaders anyway. Aren't those just textures? And why is it only in Europe? 

I've read of other people having the same issue since v5.0. I just don't get why it's apparently just a few who have this problem. 

I mean this is really really pretty red.

WZJpj2c.jpg

Hello,

you could try the same Shaders as I have.

I attach the zipped folder.

Rename your P3D root folder\ShadersHLSL folder to ShadersHLSL.OFF, unzip the attached one

and paste it into your P3D root folder.

Then go to C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

and delete the Shaders folder.

Start P3D and see how it looks then.

If you need to, you can reverse the process by deleting my  ShadersHLSL folder, renaming yours back to ShadersHLSL

and once again deleting C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Shaders

before you start P3D again.

ShadersHLSL.zip

58 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

you could try the same Shaders as I have.

Thanks Nick, really appreciate your help. 
Unfortunately, my sim seems to dislike your shaders :)  ... upon loading, it's showing "Compiling initial shaders.." with 99% loaded for 5 minutes, then it's loading some strange limbo scenario with no plane and no ground, just sky and clouds.

anxgKOV.jpg

Hi NIck,

well, initially I thought maybe it's a Germany South/North issue or something. Or maybe Vector (which I didn't install because the internet says it's not neccessary anymore for v5??). IDK.

Anyway, since it seems that is has nothing to do with Orbx, I won't bother you any longer and maybe take this to Avsim or LM's Forum. Maybe someone has another idea.

Thanks and regards,
Stu 

Quick followup:

I have found the "issue". It is indeed caused by envshade.

The slider "Terrain saturation" - while it has very subtile effects on daytime textures - makes a huge impact on those highway night lights.

Set to "normal" already turns the lights pretty orange, turning this slider up by only 0.2 turns them plain red very quickly.

Why it only seem to affect Europe I do not know.

So I guess I will have to turn this slider down a few points, even though it of course also affect the daytime saturation.
Maybe I will take this to TOGA for further investigation. 

Cheers!

One last thing to add: I commend the staff's tone and support here, 'cause even though this problem was most likely nothing related to their product, they did not immediately send me away blaming another developer, but tried to help me fixing the problem. That - to me - is worth noting and not always the case in other forums.

Thanks guys!

Stu

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 1:13 PM, Stu Antonio said:

Quick followup:

I have found the "issue". It is indeed caused by envshade.

The slider "Terrain saturation" - while it has very subtile effects on daytime textures - makes a huge impact on those highway night lights.

Set to "normal" already turns the lights pretty orange, turning this slider up by only 0.2 turns them plain red very quickly.

Why it only seem to affect Europe I do not know.

So I guess I will have to turn this slider down a few points, even though it of course also affect the daytime saturation.
Maybe I will take this to TOGA for further investigation. 

Cheers!

Hi, 

may I ask what you set your setting for this personally? I would appreciate it as I am having the same issues and using envshade. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived