ESGG R21 Approach at night A320 Neo (A32NX Mod dev version) CTD at 1nm final

Currently getting a CTD 100% of the time on 1nm final R21 at ESGG. Have tried removing Orbx ESGG and landing, no CTD with stock scenery.

Have tried removing A32NX mod and using default A320...always at 1nm final to R21 at night I get CTD

Have cleared all other mods from community folder and verified files, and have uninstalled and reinstalled ESGG

Initially please run the Verify Files option in Orbx Central for ESGG so we can rule out a corrupt installation.

If that still is a problem then uninstall ESGG via Orbx Central and Clear your Temp folder and delete any Backup copy you may have. How to do that and the location of the backup copy are shown in the attached pic.

Then redownload and install ESGG.

Report back so we can get @Marcus Nyberg to comment if the issue still persists 

1.thumb.JPG.1e27184fdce697e7d70e09d842dcce0b.JPG

31 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

Initially please run the Verify Files option in Orbx Central for ESGG so we can rule out a corrupt installation.

If that still is a problem then uninstall ESGG via Orbx Central and Clear your Temp folder and delete any Backup copy you may have. How to do that and the location of the backup copy are shown in the attached pic.

Then redownload and install ESGG.

Report back so we can get @Marcus Nyberg to comment if the issue still persists 

1.thumb.JPG.1e27184fdce697e7d70e09d842dcce0b.JPG

Thanks Jon, I followed your instructions and still get the CTD at exactly the same moment every time. See attached screenshot

CTDESGG.png

So I've managed to test some things, below are my results:

tbm on approach to RWY21, no autopilot, no approach selected - CTD

tbm on approach to RWY03, no autopilot, no approach selected - CTD

tbm start on RWY21, take off, @500ft CTD

cessna 152 start @ ramp, taxi to RWY21, take off, @500ft CTD

7 minutes ago, Dash 8er said:

So I've managed to test some things, below are my results:

tbm on approach to RWY21, no autopilot, no approach selected - CTD

tbm on approach to RWY03, no autopilot, no approach selected - CTD

tbm start on RWY21, take off, @500ft CTD

cessna 152 start @ ramp, taxi to RWY21, take off, @500ft CTD

Thanks for the testing,

I'll do some troubleshooting and see if I can replicate the issue :) 

Some more information, should it be useful:

Settings List:

display mode - fullscreen
resolution - 1920x1080

v-sync - off
render scaling - 100
anti-aliasing - TAA
terrian level of detail - 200
terrain vector detail - Ultra
buildings - High
trees - High
grass and bushes - High
objects level of detail - 100
volumetric clouds - High
texture resolution - High
anisotropic filtering - 16x
texture supersampling - 8x8
texture synthesis - Ultra
water waves - High
shadow maps - 1024
terrain shadows - 1024
contact shadows - Ultra
windshield effects - Ultra
ambient occlusion - High
reflections - Ultra
light shafts - Ultra
bloom - On
depth of field - Medium
motion blur - Off
lens correction - On
lens flare - On
use generic plane models (ai traffic) - Off
use generic plane models (multiplayer) - Off
glass cockpit refresh rate - Medium

PC specs:

Dell G7 7590
Intel Core i7-9750H
32GB Ram
GeForce RTX 2060 - part number 4914 0030
Driver version 457.30

Windows 10 Home
Version 2004
OS build 19041.630
Windows feature experience pack 120.2212.31.0

Hey guys,

I figured for a second that maybe something broke in the latest MSFS update, but seems to work fine on the two systems I've tried it on.

I'll ask some of our internal testers to see if they can replicate it as well.

In the meanwhile:

1. Have you tried running ESGG on a clean MSFS install, ie temporarily removing all other addon content?

You seem to use some different nav-data for instance but maybe there are similiarities and something unexpected that causes a conflict.

When disabled the other addons:

2. Does this happen when taking off with a default plane without any flightplan added?

3. Have you always had this issue or did it start recently?

Some of you have already answered parts of these questions, but would be grateful to try to narrow it down.

I'll ask some more testers to join in on this in the meanwhile.

Cheers,

Marcus

I just cleared out my community folder and started a flight with the default C152, no flight plan loaded, same as before - @500ft I get CTD

I also shut down the TrackIR application and tried again with exactly the same result.

As for a clean install of MSFS, I'm sorry, but from reading other peoples woes with their MSFS installs and mine being otherwise fine, I won't be playing around with that ;)

1 minute ago, Dash 8er said:

I just cleared out my community folder and started a flight with the default C152, no flight plan loaded, same as before - @500ft I get CTD

I also shut down the TrackIR application and tried again with exactly the same result.

As for a clean install of MSFS, I'm sorry, but from reading other peoples woes with their MSFS installs and mine being otherwise fine, I won't be playing around with that ;)

Thanks for having it a go!

We've had a bunch of testers and myself trying to do approaches and take-offs without any issues.

So far a mystery!

But they are doing some more tests as well so I'll get back to you when I hear back on that.

I tried to disable and delete the rolling cache and it looks like it’s not crashing anymore. I had the same issue with Leeds Bradford. 

I don’t know what’s Orbx position on this issue but I think you should try to contact Microsoft/Asobo to know what you can do about it... I don’t have a lot of data per month and I would be very glad to be able to use this option without it crashing in Orbx payware sceneries... :smile:

55 minutes ago, ugom13 said:

I tried to disable and delete the rolling cache and it looks like it’s not crashing anymore. I had the same issue with Leeds Bradford. 

I don’t know what’s Orbx position on this issue but I think you should try to contact Microsoft/Asobo to know what you can do about it... I don’t have a lot of data per month and I would be very glad to be able to use this option without it crashing in Orbx payware sceneries... :smile:

Thanks for getting back on this, glad to hear it got solved at least.

And yes for sure, this shouldnt happen so i hope ASOBO can have a look at that.

@Dash 8er, Is this something that might help you as well?

Just tested it as well and with the rolling cach turnd off and deleted it works like charm.

I don´t really need it with 300 MB/s download speed. I still hope Asobo can solv it for those who need it.

Thanks a lot Marcus and all the rest of you for nice and swift job solving it.

It´s my local and favorite airport.

Archived