UPDATED Weather Preset Pro for Microsoft Flight Simulator (v1.10)

SoFly

We are pleased to confirm that Weather Preset Pro has been updated to version 1.10. The new version adds 10 brand new presets, fixes a range of bugs and improves the installation process for customers. This is a free update for all customers.

The new presets include additional jetstream presets, additional visibility conditions, new storm formations and also wild fire conditions.

Whilst we’re excited by the new presets, we’re also pleased to have found better ways to implement some of our ideas in the previous build and used new techniques to make them more visually appealing and realistic to fly through. We have toned down some of the harsh winds from some of the conditions and improved how your aircraft controls during those stormy approaches.

If you haven’t already purchased a copy, buy yours today. Just $8.99 AUD (approx US$6.54 | €5,52 | £4.97)

Key Features

• 50 presets covering a range of exciting weather types
  • Custom made presets that go beyond the built-in system
  • Create exciting scenes directly in the simulator without the need for an additional UI
  • Simple installation using a dynamic installer
  • A 20-page manual covering all variations and an introduction to METARs

sofly-weather-preset-pro-wild-fire-1024x

sofly-weather-preset-pro-shallow-fog-102

sofly-weather-preset-pro-misty-1024x576.

sofly-weather-preset-pro-towering-clouds

How To Install / Update to Version 1.10

If you purchased Weather Preset Pro from Orbx, you first must run Orbx Central.

If you have automatic updates turned on, the application will detect an update is required and download and install the required files.

You can check by clicking on the “cog” icon and then “auto updates”.

E4Fu8JVlSG8Z90v3EgoURQZiZvgPQkDfQw-1024x

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Any further updates/presets planned? Given the season, it would be nice to see a ‘Snowy Thaw’ setting with snow covered landscapes, moderate cloud, but milder temperatures. Some GA planes are near impossible to fly in the current snow settings due to de-ice limitations. In addition, an ‘April Showers’ setting with low to moderate rain, but less cloud and more visibility to enjoy the landscapes, would also be great. Finally, any haze options possible? An  ‘L.A Haze’ could reduce visibility a modicum and alter the colour tint for a warmer effect (similar to the scattered cloud look in the default settings). If you like your movies, the effect in the opening credits of “To Live and Die in L.A.” Is exactly where I’m heading!

Anyway, just some suggestions. Enjoying the presets! 

Edited by Nosferatu

• Orbx unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, dtrjones said:

This does look interesting. I don't want to be a humbug at Christmas but I can just set these up using the custom options in game right?

Can somebody explain what this actually means?

You can set up any of these, sure.  I don't know how you'd do ones like the orange tint in the dust storm etc but it'd be in the sdk somewhere.  When they say presets beyond the built in system I think they mean beyond the weather presets that ship with MSFS and the cahnges you would normally tweak in them when setting up a flight.

• Like 1