P3Dv5.1 issue with 3d elements, ground poly, autogen not blending with the haze in EA mode is still there

Hello,

The issue from HF2 with enhanced atmosphere is still there, even if it's not supposed to be in beta anymore. It happens with a part of the Orbx airports, looks like it's mostly the recent one : EGPH here, and Gold Coast. Didn't have time to try all, but for example there is no issue with Goodwood or EGKA, but also there is some buildings in the autogen that doesn't blend, I've seen some at brighton or in other case using True Earth Great Britain.

I don't know if it's considered to be a bug related to developpers or if it's something that LM should fix.

It's very annoying to say the least, made me revert back to HF1 last time, this time I don't know as P3dv5 is quite buggy I will probably stick with 4.5 until things get fixed.

Best

M

2020-10-29_15-0-12-892.jpg

2020-10-30_8-6-43-371.jpg

Hello, 

This is an example of the longstanding problem beginning with v4, now much much more obvious with EA on in v5.1 which I mentioned in another thread. The cause has to do with material settings for individual textures in models. Within the last day or so the LM team has made what they call work-around suggestions for solving it however in some limited testing I have done, the suggestions have cause unacceptable side affects when I look close up. (They did solve the issue when seen from a distance.)  So this is all up in the air at the moment and I am sure the LM guys are continuing to work on it. 

As for the veg in your example, I don't know if those trees are Orbx models or default models.  It turns out that even default veg models from the widely used vegetation.bgl library will suffer this problem if placed with placement files. They many even suffer it on occasion when placed as autogen; I'm not sure. So the LM guys have some internal housecleaning to do that they must be working on. 

In short, no easy answers at this point in time, including the answer to the question 'when will this get fixed?'.

Cheers.

Well. Thanks for the explanation. Appreciated it.

But I must also say that as a customer of lots of Orbx products, which are currently stated as "compatible" with V5, I would really like to see an update on this. I understand what you are saying, at least I think ;-), but this should be a discussion between Orbx and LM and customers should not be left with these "messed up" looks, regardless the cause or source.

I do have lots of these issues. Examples like LOWI, LIEO or some HD Trees and TE products. 

Would you please be so kind, Larry, to take this up with LM and give us a feedback and a estimated timeline for a solution?

I did also wrote this in other posts....I am willing to pay for updates as I do understand that this can cause work on your side which  must not be done for "free" ;-)

But we do need a solution. we are already 6 months in with V5 and since V5 it became obviously and visible.

Thanks a lot and whish you all the best!

I am waiting for an official statement on this....I do hope you are not irritated about that.... This topic should not be closed as long as no solution is released.

Regards, Marcus

Archived