Cannot Load TrueEarth US Florida HD X-Plane 11 Mac on high-end 27" iMac running MacOS 10.14.6

Using Orbx Central to download new TrueEarth Florida HD and keep getting errors that say "606 Files failed to download".  Per the instructions I have verified the files a number of times and keep getting the same message. (see picture of screen below.)  And of course the scenery is completely missing if I run X-Plane.  What's going on?

Error Message.jpg

Hi Chris, welcome to the forums

Please go to settings\downloader and clear the temp location.

Then go to the location you designated for backups and delete the products folder.

Then go to settings\help and run the sync simulator function.

Then try reinstalling.

Doug, Thanks for the hints.  I followed your suggestions and then, because I'd also bought the Key West Airport product I tried installing that since it's much smaller, and I'm getting the same error only this time it's only 42 files it can't download.  So I'm still having the same issue.  By the way, when you said "products folder", there isn't one by that title, but one with the name "backups" and in it are folders with the files for each of the products I own.  I assume you intend for me to delete the "backup" folder, correct?

Well, I just examined that backup folder (I hadn't emptied the trash yet) and all the products have their own folders, but there's nothing in any of them. Now the reinstall process that I tried for Key West did recreate a new backup folder and in it is an empty key west one.

5 hours ago, ChrisGPilot said:

Well, I just examined that backup folder (I hadn't emptied the trash yet) and all the products have their own folders, but there's nothing in any of them. Now the reinstall process that I tried for Key West did recreate a new backup folder and in it is an empty key west one.

It has all the signs of lack of required free disk space.

The important aspect is the location of your Temp folder to which downloads go into. I am no expert in Mac so bear with me and I will rely on you to associate my Windows rhetoric to Mac equivalents. The C drive will also hold your Backup copies.

The default location for the Temp folder in Windows is on the main C drive. Check the free space on your main C drive (or equivalent Mac)

I suggest you move your Temp folder to a higher capacity drive if you have one.

Florida HD requires an absolute minimum of 220 GB of free space on the disk drive you are downloading onto. it will then require an absolute minimum of 155 GB of free space on the disk drive you are installing onto, if that disk drive is different from the download disk drive. The free space requirements i mention include an additional small percentage of free space needed to ensure your disk drives function at an optimal level. They should always have at least 15% of disk capacity left free in order to run at optimum.All the details of how and where to look etc are in the link that Doug gave you in his last reply to you.

Many thanks for weighing in. Jon. Unfortunately, I don’t believe the issue is space. My internal drive (equivalent to a Windows “C” drive) is a 2 TB SSD with 1.14 TB free at the moment. But just to be sure of this, after last night's experiments with the large Florida product, which I know requires at least 220 GB, I attempted to install the Key West airport which I also purchased, and is surely a lot smaller than the Florida files. Key West also refused to install, saying that 42 files wouldn’t load. So it appears something else is at fault here. Any ideas?

OK that is more info. Please now attach your Orbx Central log file which is available via Orbx Central/Settings/Help as shown in the attached pic.

I need to get that log file over to the Orbx central support team for them to analyse.

Please attach it in your reply post. Thanks

@Nick Cooper Please move this to the Orbx Central support forum.

2.thumb.JPG.c29572a74ef9c9edd62faeca36c77228.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried a different approach and attempted the Key West install to a folder that's outside the XPlane custom scenery folder to see if that made any difference and that produced the same error of 42 files not loading.  It creates a folder with a single text file describing that it's Key West, but that's all that ends up in the folder - no scenery files like the successful downloads I've done previously of other airports and regions.  Could someone PLEASE help me on this?  It's been several weeks now since my first post indicating that downloads weren't working!

• 2 weeks later...

Just for the record, I found a work-around for this download problem using Orbx Central.  If I delete the Orbx folder in ( ~/library/application support/Orbx) and relogin to Orbx Central (this action rebuilds a "clean" folder), it then allows me to download any of my purchased scenery or airports properly. Don't know why one must do this, but it works consistently.  Since I don't need to download from Orbx very frequently, it's not much extra trouble to perform this procedure.

Whoever's responsible for these forum posts, this could be marked as "resolved," I suppose, unless someone has more ideas on why this is happening.

Archived