Massive blurries with True Earth Netherlands

tk92

Hello all,

I am experiencing massive blurries with True Earth Netherlands (FT EHAM is also installed). When selecting a flight, it takes ages before the scenery is loaded (stuck at 5%) and when I fly more than let's say 10nm out of the airport the scenery starts to blur severely, see screenshot. My FPS are good (I can get 30-50 fps on EHAM, limited) and I have recently upgraded my PC to some good hardware. A complete uninstall of TE NL did not change a thing. Fun fact: when I leave the border of the Netherlands (the ground is completely blurred by then), the sim freezes and 2 min later the ground of the non-TE NL (I use Orbx Global base, OpenLC Europe etc) is sharp and crispy. 

My system specs:  Ryzen 9 3900X 12 core, 32 GB RAM and GeForce RTX 2080TI. 

I played around with Fiber Frame settings, but whether I use FFTF=0,10 or FFTF=0,33 (default) does not make a difference (however, my FPS drop so I prefer a blurred scenery WITH good fps than without haha). 

The problem is JUST with TE NL and only with this scenery loading takes ages. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Thomas Krol

blurr.png

settings 1a.png

settings 1b.png

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Thomas,

I note that the airspeed in your screen shot is 881 knots and that the frame rate is limited to 50 fps.

Please try flying at perhaps 100 knots and limit the frame rate to perhaps 24 fps and things should improve.

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your reply. The 881 knots is indeed high, but I just use the default aircraft for a 'quick' tour around the airport instead of loading a complex addon-aircraft. Unfortunately 250 or 800 knots does not make a huge difference, since I had massive blurries when flying out of EHAM with a 'slow' 737 as well. When I pause the sim it takes approx 5 minutes for the textures to get sharp.

I will try lowering the FPS limit, hope that helps a bit but it seems weird that I have blurries with those good fps of 50 (if they were low it would make sense). 

I tried rebuilding P3D.cfg btw and after changing a few settings the loading time is now surprisingly at least 50% down. However, not much of an improvement regarding the blurries.

Regards,

Thomas

Hello Thomas,

there is a vast amount of work for the PC to do in this scenery and if you limit the frame rate,

it will allow the simulator to concentrate on displaying the scenery instead of chasing the frame rate target.

Using any kind of complex aircraft also adds to the workload.

2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Thomas,

there is a vast amount of work for the PC to do in this scenery and if you limit the frame rate,

it will allow the simulator to concentrate on displaying the scenery instead of chasing the frame rate target.

Using any kind of complex aircraft also adds to the workload.

I will give it a try and will report back here after!

Cheers,

Thomas

After some test flights there is definitely no improvement. The sim hangs sometimes for 5-10 minutes without responding (ONLY over TE NL) and the ground is just massively blurry. When crossing the border, the sim hangs again and the textures of the non-TE NL (aka the rest of Europe) are crystal clear after. This screen was made after a screen froze of about 10 minutes with normal speeds all the way from EHAM. It is unflyable right and I think i will uninstall TE NL for p5d since this is no fun. I did not have these troubles with p4d before... 

(EDIT: FPS were locked at 28 below) 

Another weird thing: when I switch from pan view to cockpit view, the cockpit textures are black for approximately 30 seconds before turning normal. When I switch outside, the whole aircraft is black and it takes 30sec-1min before this is normal either. This is non-dependent on Aircraft type and it does not happen at other places in the world). 

blur2.png

Hello,

I would suggest that you run verify files for TENL and your libraries.

Make sure that any anti-virus software is not live checking TENL or any other flight simulator files.

Remove any tweaks that you have applied to the Prepar3D.cfg file, ideally by renaming it and letting P3D build a new one.

It does not need tweaks and most are counter-productive.

Oftentimes this problem is a combination of speed and altitude. Fast aircraft flying at lower altitudes can be a real issue. As Nick points out, there are a LOT of bytes of textures to be loaded with this type of scenery. Fly too fast at too low an altitude and the CPU can't generate the textures fast enough to be properly displayed. Everything you describe seeing is symptomatic of this situation. Try a flight in a GA aircraft at 5000' AGL/150 knots and let us know what happens.

I let p3d rebuild the cfg and verified FT NL  without any significant result (also with a GA aircraft). I did a long flight yesterday (10h+) and it seems like ALL the ground textures are now severely blurred, I couldnt even recognize any ground color anymore when landing at the other side of the world so the 'good' news is that its not just FT NL, but my whole P3dv5. Fun fact: the considered 'worse' performing p3dv4 has great textures of FT NL, which I run on the same PC, see screenshot. What happened to p5d is a big mystery now.....

FTNL.png

Have you tried unticking "Dynamic Texture Streaming" on the "Display" tab? This feature is supposed to reduce VRAM usage by unloading textures more aggressively -- perhaps it does not work correctly in this scenario.

HTH,

Tym

4 hours ago, TymK said:

Have you tried unticking "Dynamic Texture Streaming" on the "Display" tab? This feature is supposed to reduce VRAM usage by unloading textures more aggressively -- perhaps it does not work correctly in this scenario.

HTH,

Tym

It was unticked all the time, I am actually clueless why p3dv5 is performing WAY worse than p4d right now. I'm gonna reinstall p5d since flying like this does not make me feel any better haha.

I purchased True Earth Netherlands on the weekend and I am experiencing the same as the OP. Initially the textures look fine, but pretty soon they get blurry, even with the default aircraft. If I make a graphic change that reloads the flight, everything looks normal for a while.

When I disable Grenhouse(sic), Shed model and Windmills (found in a post in another forum) in the Netherlands HD control panel, the very long pause during loading @ 5% shortens considerably and I experience less blurries.

With addon aircraft (airliner) and/ or AI traffic though, it worsens. I have tried many setting (high and low), with a clean install, with and without addon airports, plugins and ai traffic. Disabled anti-virus, renamed .cfg. Framerate between 30 and 40, capped at 30.

Switching views also causes black textures for me. Keeping an eye on the cpu resource and gpu v-ram usage (max 5.0 / 7.2 GB) reveals nothing out of the ordinary.

Specs: i5 9600k tested @ default and oc 4.7 Ghz speeds, 24 GB ram, Radeon 5700XT (no oc), SSD  M.2 Nvme

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 5:49 PM, Gumtee said:

I purchased True Earth Netherlands on the weekend and I am experiencing the same as the OP. Initially the textures look fine, but pretty soon they get blurry, even with the default aircraft. If I make a graphic change that reloads the flight, everything looks normal for a while.

When I disable Grenhouse(sic), Shed model and Windmills (found in a post in another forum) in the Netherlands HD control panel, the very long pause during loading @ 5% shortens considerably and I experience less blurries.

With addon aircraft (airliner) and/ or AI traffic though, it worsens. I have tried many setting (high and low), with a clean install, with and without addon airports, plugins and ai traffic. Disabled anti-virus, renamed .cfg. Framerate between 30 and 40, capped at 30.

Switching views also causes black textures for me. Keeping an eye on the cpu resource and gpu v-ram usage (max 5.0 / 7.2 GB) reveals nothing out of the ordinary.

Specs: i5 9600k tested @ default and oc 4.7 Ghz speeds, 24 GB ram, Radeon 5700XT (no oc), SSD  M.2 Nvme

Hello Gumtee,

THANKS! I updated to 5.1 and together with your tip I tried it again: loading times magically went down and the blurs seem to have gone. I will try with heavy airliners as well but at least this test is passed! 

Archived