Wycombe air park, Booker EGTB - ATC gone funny

I was parked up ready to go, asked tower for take off. Tower sent me to 24R but the taxi ribbon decided to send me to 06. You can see this from the ATC comms and images attached.

Ordered through the Orbx shop, e-mailed  order number 5f6fad9511bfd

Also - for landing tower said clear to land on 24 R but gave clearance to land as I was level with 06 on my left - on approach to downwind (still about 1 1/2 mile out) for left base approach and landing . And then taxi to parking sent me down to the two small hangars out in the sticks, near t'hold 06 instead of sending me to the more poulated area of the airfield with the clubhouse and the cafe...

Also, the female ATC voice is terribly annoying. Sounded a bit too robotic and crackly. Hmm... a bit like my last wife, but I think we shan't go into too much detail there ;)

Snag_38fa6f90.png

Snag_38fa70d8.png

Thanks for making us aware - we will take a look into the ATC runway issue you have noticed,

With regard to parking position, I am under the assumption that a random avaliable position is selected - of which there is the main parking area and the opposing side with the couple of hangars. However we will investigate where appropriate.

Ah... that's probably it re the parking... If you annoy ATC, you get shunted off to the other end of the field ;) I suppose this usually happens if you don't select a specific spot on the destination airfield and leave the choice to ATC... Typical of my last wife too... :D Mind you, if the ATC voice is the ASOBO choice, how come I get that voice when I selected the male ATC? 

The odd thing there is that it sounds a bit like the female voice on my sat nav (garmin stick on screen type) in my car - the female voice is not as pleasant as the male one. Coincidence. Just an aside.

Archived