MS FS2020 London landmarks - cars driving under bridge

Dear Orbx support.

I just purchased the London landmark addon to MS FS 2020.  I took off at approx. 21:30 from city airport and followed the river Thames.  I was flying low and noticed car lights under the bridge yet there where no vehicles on the bridge.    Could you please look at fixing this bug?

Cheers

F.

https://youtu.be/9BfhCAypDWw

@Tony Wroblewski @Greg Jones for comment on this general observation please. There are many instances of this with addons in MSFS that have bridges within the mod. Some manage traffic on the bridge but also running under the bridge, some none on the bridge but running under the bridge. However this is particular inquiry is pertinent to the Orbx London City addon.

Is it a MSFS Asobo issue tha needs rectifying, if possible?

I too have been flying round the London city pack addon and noticed that the Albert Memorial in Hyde Park has a building covering it- image attached. Apart from that, the scenery is amazing by day and at night. 

Cheers

Ian Kidd

P.S. Not sure where to post reports on scenery glitches

Platform: MSFS, XP11, Win 10, i7-4930K, 3.40GHz, 64GB RAM, 64-bit, nVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black, 2 x 21.5" monitors, Orbx Transaction ID 592cc25274cc0

Albert mem 2.jpg

Albert mem google.jpg

4 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

@Tony Wroblewski @Greg Jones for comment on this general observation please. There are many instances of this with addons in MSFS that have bridges within the mod. Some manage traffic on the bridge but also running under the bridge, some none on the bridge but running under the bridge. However this is particular inquiry is pertinent to the Orbx London City addon.

Is it a MSFS Asobo issue tha needs rectifying, if possible?

Hi guys,

This is a known issue with the platform. 

When we custom model a bridge, we can add a hardened surface to the model which forces the traffic to move along the road deck rather than travelling under it. Unfortunately, at present, there is no way within the SDK to adjust the traffic vector (the path that each vehicle follows) so they often don't match up with the actual bridge position. Depending on how accurate the vector placement data is, this won't be a problem and the traffic appears correct. More often than not though, there is a misalignment which manifests as what you're seeing.

I believe it's Asobo's intention to provide a tool for us to modify those road vectors, but it's not something that's available to us at this time. This is one of the many things that you'll see fixed as the sim platform matures.

Greg

There is a fix for the water issue. The issue is a MSFS one and needs Asobo to fix. It is also seen in several other default MSFS scenery locations

https://flightsim.to/file/218/river-thames-water-fix-ver-1. There is a version 2 of this so I would suggest you install that version. The link is just a guide to where you can find the fix and any update that has been made,

Archived