Flight 1S2 -> KORS leads to crash

Hello,

in my limited experience, a bug is reported to Asobo and after several days, an e mail

is received stating that it has been added to a list.

After that, it seems that there is no feedback and one simply waits for the problem

to be fixed, or not fixed.

So far, I have seen one fixed and five yet to be addressed.

I have very good news for this issue.

with the latest version 1.10.7.0 (I will not call it a patch) there has been some revision to the mechanism that loads textures, namely the problem is this one:

https://flightsim.to/blog/flight-simulator-patch-1-10-7-0-breakes-liveries-heres-how-you-fix-it/

I had some liveries with this problem and, each time I picked them up in the profile->hangar I'd have a CTD or a simulator not loading (loading screen freezes). They always worked fine before this 1.10.7.0 version.

All these CTDs are logged with the same code 0xc0000005 in w10 event viewer. This triggered an investigation as it is the same error I got when approaching KORS from any direction at about 20nm.

The sim loads fine when I start a flight from KORS but there will be a CTD when I approach it from outside. So I intentionally broke again a livery (a bonanza) and came to KORS. CTD.

I fixed the livery and approached KORS again, no CTD. Yay!

So, after all this time, it appears that all you need to brutally crash this game is an offending livery in your Community folder.

When I did all my tests in the previous parts of this topic I'm sure I had that bonanza livery installed (I have very few liveries installed as I'm not a tubeliner collector)

So, be very careful with what you download and review it. also previous stuff that has been downloaded and "working" and will have to be checked and this means that if you are getting the same 0xc0000005 exception review all liveries (yes, every single one) and check for the presence and correctness of the model.cfg. In my case I had a bonanza livery trying to load the interiors of an A320 and my best guess is that such bonanza was being placed on a parking spot at KORS.

so the problem was not related to having multiple sceneries in the same quadrant but a single, tiny, insignificant and harmless bonanza trying to have the seats of an A320.

it is amazing that the entire sim can crash because of two lines on an xml. chapeau.

but, at least we now have a possible fix for many crashes and CTDs out there.

for details: about-the-dreaded-exception-code-0xc0000

Many thanks.

I have already had my one CTD caused by a freeware livery pack and decided that until the simulator

SDK is finished, or at least nearer to that, I would not add any more.

As you have kindly researched and found out, even a tiny error can create a lot of unnecessary work

and of course sometimes blame is assigned to the wrong target.

Archived