Around London, pt 1

andy1252

Been exploring all sorts of fascinating places that I can't show here, but just been back around London again. In two parts as I got a CTD and had to start again. Not had that before, and I'm wondering if it was caused by the new skins I installed, including the one for this Pitts. I'll have to remove them all again and see if it recurs. Anyway, came in towards Docklands from the south (from Gatwick) -

aWvpBzX.jpg

qAfPwxc.jpg

8Iubwwt.jpg

Yeah, yeah, I know it's a cliche, but what's a boy to do?

PHuNTfE.jpg

beginning to get to grips with the drone cam. Like others have said, an X-box controller makes it great fun. Mine is a cheapo knockoff, not recognised so I've had to set up my own key mapping which may or may not have been a good thing

g9OJMz1.jpg

VlbKulo.jpg

TtuF7E4.jpg

NxvBEBA.jpg

And then the sim crashed. Just vanished. So I restarted from EGLC, and I'll put those up in part 2. The menu is the developer's option. Handy for a frame and other stats counter (not shown in these shots) and also to allow a change of planes.

Hi

Ref. your CTD, I read a few days ago that extra liveries were causing some people to have CTD, sadly I cant remember where I read it.

Whilst I was Alpha/Beta testing MSFS I also suffered some CTD until I c/o the following advise from another user:

That’s what I did a few days ago and posted to this forum. I did NOT have to uninstall the game nor any Windows 10 updates. Just uninstall the VS C++ 2015-2019 x64 & x86 libraries and re-install them by downloading from: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads 76

It may work for you.

13 minutes ago, paulk said:

Hi

Ref. your CTD, I read a few days ago that extra liveries were causing some people to have CTD, sadly I cant remember where I read it.

Whilst I was Alpha/Beta testing MSFS I also suffered some CTD until I c/o the following advise from another user:

That’s what I did a few days ago and posted to this forum. I did NOT have to uninstall the game nor any Windows 10 updates. Just uninstall the VS C++ 2015-2019 x64 & x86 libraries and re-install them by downloading from: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads 76

It may work for you.

Thanks Paul. I'll try that.

53 minutes ago, BradB said:

Terrific shots Andy , hopefully the patch next week will help with some of these issues . :):rolleyes::D

Cheers John. What I'm looking forward to is the simconnect fix - if I run LittleNavMap at the moment it turns the sim into a slide show.

18 hours ago, paulk said:

Let me know how you get on

Seems to have worked, Paul. Been back there in the same plane and same settings and no CTD anymore. So -  many thanks.

18 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Superb shots and a fine job of threading the needle in those last few pics! :lol:  Good luck on the CTD's

Cheers Roger.  And I figured that wasn't challenging enough so Part 3 is on its way!

10 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots Andy.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain

Archived