How to register add on bought from marketplace to Orbx Central app?

I hope that Orbx gives this some serious consideration.

If they want the benefit of a captured market via the marketplace, they will still have to support all their userbase regardless of where they purchased.

At the very least, it's in Orbx's interest to provide this feature to their loyal users in order to maintain their reputation.

Edited by smoothchat
  • Like 1

Hello,

Orbx will indeed continue to support its products and its customers but Orbx cannot support

problems encountered with the Marketplace delivery medium, not least because Orbx has no control over it.

Product support does not include moving product licences around between accounts with different

companies, unless there is a system in place that allows that and at present, there is not.

• Like 1

Thanks Nick.

I think at the very least, the marketplace should provide a clear avenue for customer support.

I am not aware of any formal way to seek direct support from them.

It's not fair that Orbx has to bear the brunt of these enquiries about something which is beyond their control.

12 hours ago, smoothchat said:

Thanks Nick.

I think at the very least, the marketplace should provide a clear avenue for customer support.

I am not aware of any formal way to seek direct support from them.

It's not fair that Orbx has to bear the brunt of these enquiries about something which is beyond their control.

Read this thread , help is available thru the Zen Desk : https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/we-need-a-marketplace-specific-thread/215943

Cheers

John

On 8/26/2020 at 7:04 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Orbx will indeed continue to support its products and its customers but Orbx cannot support

problems encountered with the Marketplace delivery medium, not least because Orbx has no control over it.

Product support does not include moving product licences around between accounts with different

companies, unless there is a system in place that allows that and at present, there is not.

So, is my understanding correct that in order to avoid any issues the recommendation is to purchase everything through Orbx? Would definitely prefer to go that  route.

Hi, 1 bought the KORS scenery for FS 2020 on the Orbx website.

But I have no clue what to do that it is shown/used/installed in the FS even though it recognizes that I own the scenery.

Is there any manual/installation instruction how to do this?

Where can I find it?

Thx for your support.

Joachim

6 hours ago, rolandalder said:

So, is my understanding correct that in order to avoid any issues the recommendation is to purchase everything through Orbx? Would definitely prefer to go that  route.

MSFT gets a cut of the proceeds when you buy it through the MSFS Marketplace. Orbx gets all the proceeds when you buy it directly from them, and you get the added bonus of installation support and the ability to use Orbx Central to manage things like updates. I think you'll understand why Orbx can't take a position regarding this given that they have signed agreements with MSFT to be in the Marketplace, but I can wholeheartedly recommend buying directly from Orbx.

2 hours ago, Capt. Wolf68 said:

Hi, 1 bought the KORS scenery for FS 2020 on the Orbx website.

But I have no clue what to do that it is shown/used/installed in the FS even though it recognizes that I own the scenery.

Is there any manual/installation instruction how to do this?

Where can I find it?

Thx for your support.

Joachim

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Please download and install Orbx central from any of the "Get Central" links on the Orbx Direct site.

You can then log in and use it to install your products.

Here is the User Guide.

https://Orbx.to/central-guide

Hello,

I installed it already before. MSFS recognizes it as installed but still when I start from KORS in the game the default airport is shown - not the Orbx scenery.

Btw, your central-guide doesn't specifiy how to install a scenery in MSFS 2020 but only for previous version or for other sims.

This is where I installed it:   

E:\Orbx Librabry\msfs\KORS Orcas Island Airport

MSFS is installed on a separate SSd, same SSD the Orbx folder is located.

Do I have to save the Orbx scenery into a different folder?

ORBX.jpg

Edited by Capt. Wolf68

• 1 year later...

Hi. I'm brand new to MSFS and I purchased Sydney Cityscape last week on Market Place (before seeing this thread). Can I can get a refund on Market Place and repurchase?

I'm using "MSFS Addons Linker" to manage everything. From this thread, it sounds like there's no way to move Sydney out of Market Place and into Orbx Central. But, is there a way to move Sydney into my Addons Linker folder? Thanks for any help you can provide.