Install into an Orbx Library (LOWI) in MSFS

Greetings,

I purchased LOWI for MSFS via Orbx Central (using v4.1.22) with the "Install into an Orbx Library" option. Went to LOWI, and no airport (I had uninstalled the Asobo LOWI from Content).

So, as it seems MSFS only supports 1 content folder (found under GENERAL | DATA | ROLLING CACHE PATH), is the "Install into an Orbx Library" even a functional option in MSFS and do I need to uninstall it and install it using the Install Directly to the Sim option instead? Also, every time I restart the sim the ASOBO Studio LOWI gets reinstalled. :huh:

Regards,

Jeffrey S. Bryner

Hello,

using Orbx Central you can install into the Community folder or into an Orbx Central Library.

If you make the second choice, Orbx Central puts links into the Community folder for you.

You do not need to and probably should not remove any of the MSFS core files.

As you see, apparently, as things stand, it just puts them back.

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

using Orbx Central you can install into the Community folder or into an Orbx Central Library.

If you make the second choice, Orbx Central puts links into the Community folder for you.

You do not need to and probably should not remove any of the MSFS core files.

As you see, apparently, as things stand, it just puts them back.

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the quick reply. So the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community folder is empty. :o I'm back in the sim and I'm looking at scenery objects here at LOWI now, but they are indeed the MSFS LOWI not the Orbx. Should I reinstall?

Much Gratitude,

Jeff Bryner

27 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

yes, I would try that first.

If you still don't see it, go back to that folder and see if the files are there.

OK, think I found it. I checked in Orbx Central and saw where it installed.  I was an Alpha Tester for MSFS, so Orbx Central installed it into the Content Folder for the Alpha Version of the product even though I now have the full retail version of the product (Premium edition). See the screenshot below. So, how can we fix that?

image.png.07baea13374c56191e65ff0bc84b8482.png

Again, many thanks in advance,

Jeff Bryner

Nick,

OK, this is resolved. It was the presence of Alpha Version of MSFS that Orbx was installing to. I removed the Alpha version, tested the install with both options -- in the sim or in am Orbx Library, and both worked like a charm. In the end, I went with the install to Orbx Library option. LOWI looks beautiful in MSFS. Well, on to getting EGLC and London City Landmarks. :)

All the Best and thanks for the attention and support.

Jeff Bryner

Archived