General Ques MSFS KSBA - 54MB????

Hello,

this is already explained in the two existing topics that ask the same question.

The MSFS version does not need the very large file that is the photo insert for the other simulators.

It also would not work in the new simulator in any case.

Hi,

Just confirming what Nick said, the largest files in a scenery package are usually the photoreal ground imagery files. The MSFS version did not require these, as the base MSFS ground is higher resolution than what we had in the previous version of the product, so instead of including our own, we heavily modified what was already there with custom decals and textured polys.

Moreover, because the airport sits within a photogrammetry area, custom orthos won't work anyways, because photogrammetry always takes priority.

Cheers, Misha 

This is interesting, I wonder as I am still trying to understand all of this new tech, what about if photogrammetry is turned off, BUT, the Bing data is still turned on? The airport (buildings, runways, gates, clutter) itself will still be rendered correct?

Keep in mind I have NO idea what I'm talking about lol, I'm trying to better understand.

thanks 

53 minutes ago, RobC said:

This is interesting, I wonder as I am still trying to understand all of this new tech, what about if photogrammetry is turned off, BUT, the Bing data is still turned on? The airport (buildings, runways, gates, clutter) itself will still be rendered correct?

Keep in mind I have NO idea what I'm talking about lol, I'm trying to better understand.

thanks 

Join the club Rob , it's over my pay grade too . B):lol:

John

This is unsettling - the original pack had custom POI in Santa Barbara, Goleta, and the Channel Islands. Are you saying that the focus of this pack is soely on the airport, and nowher elese? Santa Barbara is a default Bing zone... I would pay  money for you all to update POI in town and correct some of the obvious errors there current as well as in the Channel Islands. Are we really only getting the airport proper. While exciting in one way, that's extremely disappointing...

Archived